Revolution Trains Facebook live number 6

Lukas G.

Total wishlisting speculation...but I think the following would both be winners:

Swindon Class 120 across Country DMU

Class 303 “Blue Train” (refurbished or unrefurbished - or both!)

Cheers

Tom.

Edited by tiger
Correcting autocorrect!
  • Like 2

On 26/11/2020 at 11:31, Ben A said:

The new product we are announcing is a Revolution model, and not something that has been previously offered, or proposed to my knowledge, by any other N manufacturer.

cheers

Ben A.

A class47 powered by a diesel motor complete with 'scale weight'?

es grüßt

pc 

45 minutes ago, bigP said:

Scale weight?  That would weigh in at 686 Kg!  

Eeek,

Paul

Not quite - because scale weight isn't linear, you have to divide by the scale cubed. It actually comes out around 38 grams! Bit of an anticlimax I'm afraid...

686kg would give you a 47 which ran on N gauge track but was the height and length of the original! Might cause some stability issues and you'd have to use Kato track, I don't think Peco would handle it...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

If Mike's got his pencil and paper ready, I reckon one of these would make a good model.

IMG_20200817_123238.jpg.742e39572496671cae624bbd4bb47450.jpg

It's a Plasser TRM (Track Relaying Machine) - not a crane!

More widespread than the single jib jobbie that Hattons tried to do in 4mm, been around since the late 1970s and available in many colours, including yellow, Jarvis maroon, more yellow, Balfour Beatty blue and white, a different yellow...

Often roam in pairs, and the perfect partner to the Salmon kit from the NGS, Falcons from Dapol and many other engineering types, including, I think, the Sturgeon that Revolution produced previously. The one in the picture was part of a train of three, along with many Falcon hauled by a Colas 70. The Salmon for loading with track panels were on another train.

Jo

• Like 6
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

The Plasser TRM would be an excellent choice. For some reason this wagon crossed my mind too when I saw the news that Revolution were going to announce a new N gauge project next week. Looking forward to Tuesday’s news, whatever it is. 

Edited by Western Aviator

• RMweb Gold

Love the application of logic from @Suffolk Rob!

The other two TPE Nova classes are quite different from the Mk5s - the 397s are CAF built but the other Nova sets are Hitachi 802s (Nova 1s). Kato will have the majority of the tooling for the 802s from early next year so would be the best bet to ask if they will do the 802s.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, red death said:

Love the application of logic from @Suffolk Rob!

The other two TPE Nova classes are quite different from the Mk5s - the 397s are CAF built but the other Nova sets are Hitachi 802s (Nova 1s). Kato will have the majority of the tooling for the 802s from early next year so would be the best bet to ask if they will do the 802s.

Cheers Mike

That's one word for it Mike :)

Still not guessed right yet though

Looking forward to tomorrow

Rob

• Like 1

The silhouette on the email I received last night looks remarkably like a class 185 DMU, which would make sense to produce as a companion to the Transpennine Mk5 coach sets and (possibly,) a Kato Transpennine liveried IET set? Maybe just a coincidence, but with 3 liveries and a fourth potentially in the offing when the 15 surplus sets are transferred and also the potential to produce in 00 gauge, it makes a lot of sense! Here’s hoping anyway!

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, MyRule1 said:

Could be rather embarrassing if the new item turns out to be the same as Rapido announce in a few minutes. Assuming that Rapido are entering the UK n gauge market.

The class 28 was mentioned earlier in the thread, before Ben saying nobody had guessed correctly. So safe to say, that wasn't in the running for Revolution.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, MyRule1 said:

Could be rather embarrassing if the new item turns out to be the same as Rapido announce in a few minutes. Assuming that Rapido are entering the UK n gauge market.

Rapido are entering it. Class 28.

The other obvious omission in N gauge is the class 87, which has a multitude of liveries and has been popular for Hornby in 00 gauge. The class 90, I would assume Farish will do at some point, seeing how well it has done in 00 gauge for Bachmann, but the 87 seems strange that it hasn’t been done already, particularly when the class 92 has been done and talk potentially a class 89 before it? Maybe it’s just me! 

• Agree 2