Revolution Trains Facebook live number 6

Lukas G.

3 hours ago, nickb4141 said:

The other obvious omission in N gauge is the class 87, which has a multitude of liveries and has been popular for Hornby in 00 gauge. The class 90, I would assume Farish will do at some point, seeing how well it has done in 00 gauge for Bachmann, but the 87 seems strange that it hasn’t been done already, particularly when the class 92 has been done and talk potentially a class 89 before it? Maybe it’s just me! 

There was a Farish Class 87 so possibly a risk for Revolution if Farish suddenly decided to dust theirs off.

26 minutes ago, Mike Harvey said:

There was a Farish Class 87 so possibly a risk for Revolution if Farish suddenly decided to dust theirs off.

I can’t ever see the Farish class 87 being competition for a state of the art Revolution offering. Their model dates back to the Graham Farish Poole era, with a very dated moulding, no lights or DCC provision. I also doubt very much they would go to the expense of research and tooling for a model they can’t ‘up-scale’ to their Bachmann 00 gauge range, in view of Hornby’s existing excellent model. I think we N gauge modellers deserve a model of the 87 to modern standards! After all, if there’s a market for the class 92, surely there must be at least a similar, if not greater demand for an 87? 

• Agree 2

On 26/11/2020 at 10:31, Ben A said:

The new product we are announcing is a Revolution model, and not something that has been previously offered, or proposed to my knowledge, by any other N manufacturer.

This year we saw a Class 17 arrive, Rapido are giving us a Class 28, and we already have the Cl 24 "Experiment" from Farish - so it should be a Cl23 Baby Deltic so we can have a compete Derby RTC fleet. However this falls foul of the above.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/11/2020 at 10:31, Ben A said:

The new product we are announcing is a Revolution model, and not something that has been previously offered, or proposed to my knowledge, by any other N manufacturer.

So not a class 28, 87 or 90 then!

The Mk2 and class 31 shaped dents in my wallet leave me half hoping it's a "nothing here for me" announcement! That said, with a 63' MU chassis to borrow from the 128 it's obviously going to be a class 304!

I'm hoping there will be news on when the order book will open on the class 128.

Steven B.

Edited by Steven B
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike at C&M said:

Could someone please post a link to where the presentation will take place.

Thank you

https://www.facebook.com/revolutiontrains/

The actual specific link and video won't appear on Facebook until the video session actually starts (which is annoying, but).  You may at the appropriate time need to refresh your browser window but the page should just update to suddenly offering the video.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

How ever much I would love it to be a 90 or 87

Won't be either of those as either Mike or Ben said that the new model was one that had not been done or proposed in N. Both of these have previously been done by Farish (they do need revisiting however). 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Western Aviator said:

If @Ben A or @red death are looking in, is there any chance of yesterday’s Facebook Live broadcast being uploaded to the Revolution website like previous ones were? 
Thanks in advance.

You should be able to view it here. https://fb.watch/27sdjCQX0G/

• Thanks 1

On 01/12/2020 at 16:10, nickb4141 said:

I also doubt very much they would go to the expense of research and tooling for a model they can’t ‘up-scale’ to their Bachmann 00 gauge range, in view of Hornby’s existing excellent model.

The Hawksworth coaches might disagree with you severely there...