Coach corridor connections

Hello

Reading MRJ 64, I see that the Masokits GWR Corridor connections are of high quality. However, it will be a real pain to order anything from this trader from Australia. Are there any other offerings from the trade that are of similar standard?

Regards

• RMweb Gold

I think that closing the gap between coaches is one of the best things to enable realism. I hate seeing that gap! 

You can easily make your own from thin card or thick paper. There are loads of articles about it on line and on rmweb.

This is one of the best

Ian

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, bordercollie said:

Hello

Reading MRJ 64, I see that the Masokits GWR Corridor connections are of high quality. However, it will be a real pain to order anything from this trader from Australia. Are there any other offerings from the trade that are of similar standard?

Regards

You could try Brassmasters who do the versions Martin Finney designed.

Mark

Roxey mouldings are worth a try. And I know Mark Seward - who runs the GWR modeller Facebook group - also does a fully working GWR corridor connector. The Masokit ones are good, but you will need surgery on your index finger, because you have to hold so many parts to solder them in...don't ask! I made 3 sets and I could not stand the thought of more burning flesh, so gave up and used paper ones from Modelmania in Bristol UK. 

Mike

• Like 1

I use some folded Black stiff paper. The centre part is cut to the shape of the existing Corridor Connection, and is just a push fit between the coaches. Below between Bachmann Collects. Not prototypical, but closes the gap.

1742409187_IMG_4998(2).jpg.c15ebc708e2ff2cd471c4c9b43573338.jpgIMG_5001.jpg.194b2157a99e83bf14d6c26d85525df6.jpg

Showing 2 of the inserts. I use 4ft points / curves, with no problems.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1