Z21 Function Setting Problem

Despatcher

I have had a Roco Z21 controller for a long time now, well over5 years, and it has always worked perfectly and for me it is the perfect controller. However, in trying to add a new loco yesterday, I found that in the Railed Vehicles section where you assign the F Key sound functions for the loco, I was not able to access the Control 2 or Control 3 sections without changing the orientation my iPad from portrait to landscape. Having then added some function controls I could not then see what I had put in Control 1 without again changing the orientation. I have a friend 200 miles away from me who has a Z21 and he is having the same problem! I entered a loco last week without a problem. The only thing that has happened since then is possibly a software update on my iPad (it is on automatic update during the early morning which is why I am not sure). Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Hi,

Same issue on my iPad and iPhone as well, I mispoke earlier :pardon_mini:.

It seems to be tied in to the way the screen refreshes. So as well as changing orientation, I can also get the C1 menu back if I reselect the same loco. But C2 and C3 only re-appear if I change the screen orientation.

Definitely looks like a bug, it needs to be reported to Roco.

Regards,

John P

Hi,

I just had this reply from Roco.

The error you described was reproducible.

After consulting the responsible department, we can inform you of the following:

"The error will be fixed in the coming days with the next app update."

Regards,

John P

• Like 2