Snow Shed

This little shed was a small diorama that I created in a single day. It no longer exists, only meant to be photographed once, but there was little more to see. Quite amateur really but it was a fun little project and the shed itself is to be used elsewhere. I also wanted to see how convincing snow is on such a small scale.

The shed (which I first cut the pieces for a year ago) was made from balsa and bass wood glued and pin nailed together. The brick work is embossed paper from Micromark that I have weathered. The roof was a pathetic attempt and I had some very expensive shingle paper which I should have used but decided not to bother. It is not finished even still. Eventually I will add a window where there is lack thereof as well as vents in the gap near the top.

I suppose that I will say it is based in Who-Knows-Where, Scotland. Obviously somewhere pretty far north or near a quarry with there being a massive rock just a few meters from the shed. The more I look at the picture I dislike it but hope somebody gets inspiration out of it.

-Matti

01ENZMHGXDYWVEAJTX3G03S9JJ.jpg

• Like 8