What did you do to yours today?

PMW

• RMweb Premium

Back to more traditional modelling today, no cakes, nothing on the computer (unless you count the printer humming away in the background). 

1st up. Some test running of a Farish 108, that was DOA so was sent straight back for a warranty repair (very quick it was too). Seems to run just as I would expect it to now so it has been running in for the rest of the afternoon.

IMG_5009.jpeg.24370c8162d4e33660ccc4b5b3d91124.jpeg

2nd up, out with the soldering iron and return to a Worsley works dia150 centenary composite brake corridor coach. Having left this alone for the last couple of years I now feel like I am getting somewhere with it. 

IMG_5027.jpeg.75496046980a84548388e3cde4b0ae76.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg.ed81ac84a6a097f60b6cf07e62b90f71.jpeg

There is going to need to be a lot of cleaning up with this coach when it is finished. 

• Like 1

IMG_20210118_172431458.jpg.d1e044fe7af7f082324cc4cbca7ab820.jpg

The Fleischman 6730 controller that I bought from eBay arrived today - in excellent condition too!  I absolutely love it, as I seem to have had an incurable mental block regarding the "Forward and Reverse" switch when using my Gaugemaster controller, resulting in numerous derailments!  Operations are now100% improved. :imsohappy:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't "do" anything construction-wise today to my American O Scale layout today....

..... but I did have a 'quicky' operating session. Collecting 2 incoming freight cars from the Interchange, and delivering them to 2 Industries on the 3-spur freight branch, and collecting 3 outbound 'empty' cars, whilst leaving 2 others on-spot already unloading, & taking the 3 outbounds back to the interchange, took about an hour. Who needs complicated track plans or artificial 'shunting puzzles' to have fun playing trains??!! ;) :good:

• Like 1