Modelling BR Engineers' Wagons bookazine

Simon Bendall

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Looks very interesting, I’ve ordered a copy.  Will there be a follow-up covering air braked wagons?

"Due to space constraints, air braked stock is not included or other departments such as S&T and M&EE but these may feature in the future."

1 hour ago, ColinK said:

Will there be a follow-up covering air braked wagons?

I would like to do a follow up covering the air-braked fleet and everything else that wouldn't fit in this one.  I've got more than enough material to fill it but, as ever, it depends on how this one sells.

• Like 7

On 27/11/2020 at 12:00, spamcan61 said:

Thanks for the heads up, have  ordered a copy.

EDIT: ..and 2 quid off for Hornby Magazine subscribers 

Not if your subscription is digital, just rang them.

Anyway, it’s ordered, I’ll be reading that with a mince pie and a pint of gin on Boxing Day 

• RMweb Gold

Mine's arrived and has saved me a whole ton of time searching for material, and I know where to find it all.

The misses asked "What's in the brown envelope, a 'Glossy' mag?" Yep I said!   :)

Cheers,

Kev.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Max Legroom said:

My copy just arrived and is full of inspiration. Really impressed!

Same here; loads of prototype photos and modelling info, hardly any advertising. Excellent value and quality.

Glad everyone is enjoying the bookazine, the comments are much appreciated.  Unfortunately a production error has been made on p.128 where the photo of the Dace has been replaced by a Zander. Not entirely sure how this happened as the correct image was in place when the page was proofed. The correct image is attached below for those that wish to see it, the text is unaffected. Apologies for the error, not best pleased myself!

Dace correct image.jpg

Edited by Simon Bendall
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

A great publication, Simon, and timed to perfection as I tackle some N gauge society Turbots and a Salmon for a future WHL layout. With photo of 37 081 and hoppers at Crianlarich on the 'Welcome page' it couldn't have got off to a better start for me !

I've known about this publication for over a month and was eagerly awaiting it's publication, ordered from Key Pub on Monday it arrived on Thurs afternoon in the post. Excitedly I sat down to indulge myself before heading out for another 12hr night shift.......only to have the wife sit down next to me wanting to pass the time of day :chok_mini:.....after 15 mins of trying, she gave up and went for a kip ! :mocking_mini: 

Only one more shift to go and then I can properly get stuck into it.

Many thanks for going to all the effort to create this publication.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Stumbled across this in WH Smith’s (other newsagents are available) and a copy followed me home.  Very impressed indeed, tons of inspiration, superb modelling and I’ve learned how the winch fitted Grampus rail loading units worked.  Highly recommended.

Owain

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Still nothing down here on the Sussex Coast in WHSmiths, indeed when I asked, they never heard of it and were not expecting it.  Pretty typical of that retailers abysmal service really, I wonder how they are still trading!

• Agree 1

There was no sign of it in my local WHS either.  I have now ordered it from the publisher and saved myself £2.  On past form it should be with me in a few days.  I do not subscribe to Hornby Magazine but I was still awarded subscribers' discount, presumably because I do subscribe to Modern Railways.  It would have been churlish to argue!

Chris

• Like 2

On 07/12/2020 at 15:05, John M Upton said:

Still nothing down here on the Sussex Coast in WHSmiths, indeed when I asked, they never heard of it and were not expecting it.  Pretty typical of that retailers abysmal service really, I wonder how they are still trading!

It does make you wonder about their purchasing policy. Over the last couple of years I have been fortunate to have a couple of books published by Amberley that feature the WR and two include a number of photos taken in Somerset, some within a mile of our local store. I have not seen either book for sale in WHS, yet our local store in Weston has Amberley books covering Brent (London), and Widnes! No wonder the store is usually almost deserted.

Edit - I did get the Engineers bookazine there, very good too. 

cheers

Edited by Rivercider