Modelling BR Engineers' Wagons bookazine

Simon Bendall

On 17/02/2021 at 22:21, finelines said:

I think I heard about this book on Facebook and honestly I bought it to look at the the prototype information in it and I wasn’t disappointed. Then I suddenly said that’s one of mine! I have to thank you for the book about building my ballast wagon kits! My sudden departure from kit manufacture can be put down to a mixture of things, but mostly depression. When you cock up 5 dies in a row.....

One prototype in the book I had spent quite a long time looking at (other people call it researching) was the Plaice. I had hoped to use the underframe for other wagons, but l seem to remember they had been quite seriously modified. 

I like the Pilchard, but I don’t think my machine could squirt something that long. 

Roger 

Roger i built a few of your Lamprey's etc. when you first released them and i found them a real pleasure to build - everything fitted together as it should and the brass/whitemetal bits added a bit more finesse than other kits.  I would go as far as saying they were probably my fave kit to build.  Hope you're doing fine in these strange times.

M