UK Launch - Coming Soon!

rapidoandy

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

As the man says, all will be revealed on Tuesday.......

Rob. 

In fairness, the video presentation makes mention of the launch of a range.  My question was one of strategy and whether said range will include multiple scales. 

That said, point taken.  I’ll get back in my box and not ask anymore questions when they’re clearly not welcome. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, scottystitch said:

In fairness, the video presentation makes mention of the launch of a range.  My question was one of strategy and whether said range will include multiple scales. 

That said, point taken.  I’ll get back in my box and not ask anymore questions when they’re clearly not welcome. 

I don’t think Rapido want to spoil the launch of their exclusively T gauge range. It is only a couple of days, after all. :-)

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Mike Harvey said:

I don’t think Rapido want to spoil the launch of their exclusively T gauge range. It is only a couple of days, after all. :-)

You've spoilt it for me now Mike, I was looking forward to the launch of a full TT gauge range.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So yesterday the Facebook page  hinted an SECR 3rd class carriage, today is a no.2 plate which I've googled and googled and googled and think it might belong to this ? http://www.ossettweather.com/steam/page66.html

Of course we don't know if Rapido are using genetic railway numbers or if they're actually hints!

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
Added "the Facebook page"

Well it won’t be to long until all your questions are answered.

I have to say I am having a great weekend of entertainment looking at all the responses. Lots of interesting guesses and ideas being shared.

I can’t possibly comment if the numbers are, or are not significant to the range. We will all just have to wait and see.

Andy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Those of you who follow our Facebook page may have seen todays post that answers the above question.

It may be worth considering that a large number of people specifically avoid Facebook given their behaviour and policies.

• Like 1
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Gold

If this is what it might possibly be taking one of those images to refer to a loco and the other to refer to a coach - the latter of not necessarily the origin someone has already suggested - we might be looking at a whole new ball game in railway modelling.    A model of a particular railway, rather clever and bound to sell like hot cakes and ideally suited to being made in two different scales.

On the other hand I might be sufficiently far off beam to have not recognised a US style smokebox number when I see one:scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 minute ago, Johann Marsbar said:

That 3 could surely be off any type of maroon stock - even something like an LMS Liverpool area (Southport/Wirral) electric unit!

Not the 502 or 503. I did consider that myself for a few moments.

The 502 had gold lettering and the 503 had post war plain straw. Both long neglected unfortunately.

Jason

1 hour ago, Johann Marsbar said:

That 3 could surely be off any type of maroon stock - even something like an LMS Liverpool area (Southport/Wirral) electric unit!

Someone I know claims they know the person who took the photo, confirming an SECR 3

Edit: presumably one of these 

https://images.app.goo.gl/MtDAhom2ar9aaxuD6

Edited by GreenGiraffe22

1 hour ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Someone I know claims they know the person who took the photo, confirming an SECR 3

I’m fairly certain I took the photo. I’m also a driver on a railway with some SECR rolling stock. Maybe it’s relevant or maybe it was just a convenient 3!

Andy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

I’m fairly certain I took the photo. I’m also a driver on a railway with some SECR rolling stock. Maybe it’s relevant or maybe it was just a convenient 3!

Andy

The relevant railway has some 54ft Birdcages and LCDR 4 wheelers. Never been modeled before. But given the Bachmann 60ft Birdcages and Hattons Generic SECR 4-6 wheelers, plus all those D class out next year, are people ready for yet more SECR stuff?  (I love the SECR).

1 hour ago, JSpencer said:

The relevant railway has some 54ft Birdcages and LCDR 4 wheelers. Never been modeled before. But given the Bachmann 60ft Birdcages and Hattons Generic SECR 4-6 wheelers, plus all those D class out next year, are people ready for yet more SECR stuff?  (I love the SECR).

I'd have thought people interested in modelling / collecting the SECR would prefer to have the real thing over generic carriages,  I've held off pre ordering any of Hatton's just in case any genuine  LBSC / SECR stock emerges 

• Agree 3

Rapido have a history, in Canada at least, of using pre-announcement pictures with the loco blacked out. When the model is actually announced it turns out to have NOTHING to do with the original loco in the picture at all.

It would be best to assume there is NO connection between the pre-announcement pic and the actual announcement:)

Luke

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Even before anything is announced i foresee much rmweb wailing about things being too expensive and the wrong shape and colour. Besides which there will be nothing in it for me and it will arrive both too soon to save up and so late that i will repeatedly complain about the endless delays. At various points there will be a petty squabbles as people get very angry about a toy train and Andy will tell several people off for wasting everyones time with pointless posts.  Rather like this one.

On the other hand there will be wishlisting.... class 40 and 81 please. There.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 4

1 minute ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Even before anything is announced i foresee much rmweb wailing about things being too expensive and the wrong shape and colour. Besides which there will be nothing in it for me and it will arrive both too soon to save up and so late that i will repeatedly complain about the endless delays. At various points there will be a petty squabbles as people get very angry about a toy train and Andy will tell several people off for wasting everyones time with pointless posts.  Rather like this one.

On the other hand there will be wishlisting.... class 40 and 81 please. There.

Erm. It's Rapido. We know it's going to be expensive. I would be disappointed if it wasn't....

We also know it's not going to be the "wrong" colour or shape.

If you are looking for cheap toy trains I think you are in the wrong part of the forum. Expect three figures for any coaches.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Agree 2