Appropriate Bachmann Jubilee for 45562 “Alberta”

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I’ve been asked by a friend in the US to source a recent released Bachmann Jubilee and have it renumbered and weathered for 45562 “Alberta” in it’s final year of operation.  It has to be DCC ready and possibly able to fit a sound chip.

I’m not very knowledgeable about Jubilee’s but I know for it’s last year, it was paired with a 4000 gallon welded tender but did it have a short or long firebox?  Is there anything slightly different about it from the rest of the class?

Could someone recommend an appropriate Jubilee model so I can get the loco done for him.  Thanks in advance.

Short. It was one of the first built.

You want one like this. No idea of which current/recent ones match. I'll have a look.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/21220/bachmann_branchline_31_176dc_class_5xp_jubilee_4_6_0_45562_alberta_in_br_green_with_late_crest_dcc_fitted/stockdetail.aspx

Another thing you'll need for it's last year is the yellow stripe on the cabside. Fox do them. Also Electrification flashes.

Jason

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

I’ve been asked by a friend in the US to source a recent released Bachmann Jubilee and have it renumbered and weathered for 45562 “Alberta” in it’s final year of operation.  It has to be DCC ready and possibly able to fit a sound chip.

I’m not very knowledgeable about Jubilee’s but I know for it’s last year, it was paired with a 4000 gallon welded tender but did it have a short or long firebox?  Is there anything slightly different about it from the rest of the class?

Could someone recommend an appropriate Jubilee model so I can get the loco done for him.  Thanks in advance.

I'm not certain but I think all the late crest Bachmann releases of the newer Jubilee have had a riveted tender whereas at the end Alberta has a welded. I think the most appropriate might be 31-175 "Hong Kong" and then have the emblem changed, the tender lining removed, the yellow stripe added, renumbered and sound fitted. If you can't get hold of a 31-176DC as suggested in the post above that is.

Happy to be corrected but I think the newer Bachmann Jubilee are all of one type of firebox which is why the likes of Leander & Galatea haven't been done as they have the type Bachmann don't accommodate in the current tooling.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

In addition to the yellow cab stripe, most of its tender lining gone by then too.

Plus red backed nameplate and smokebox number plate, speedo cable & aws related bits.

All nice easy and doable, and I’d imagine look very satisfying afterwards.

45562 is probably your best starting point, it has both the right loco /tender & logo combination

I don’t think any have been made with a speedo cable (ever by anyone), I recall Running board tanks are in the parts bag.

BR Green Alternatives are 45611 (e/c welded tender), 45593 (e/c rivettted), 45552 (e/c riveted), 45555 (Fowler tender), 45659 (l/c riveted), 45587 (Fowler l/c).

In 2021 they are planning 45654 Hood (l/c riveted tender).

my guess is the front of any of them will do, but 45611 or 45562 will give you the tender (or if your doing a full repaint, consider using a Super detail Hornby Rebuilt Patriot / Scot / 8f or Black 5 tender) and make a tender- loco coupling.

Fortunately, none of them are particularly rare.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1