Wilne Lane Yard

alant

3 hours ago, alant said:

Thanks Andy. Hope things are OK with you now after your recent scare.

Thanks, Yes good now cheers and we cant wait to get the Band back with some rehearsal's again soon, even though Pubs and Clubs can't do bookings yet.

Keep well and Stay safe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks, Yes good now cheers and we cant wait to get the Band back with some rehearsal's again soon, even though Pubs and Clubs can't do bookings yet.

Keep well and Stay safe.

2020 been a real wipe out from a music perspective. We played our last gig on March 7th and had a pretty full diary booked but all cancelled of course. We did manage one rehearsal though!

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, alant said:

2020 been a real wipe out from a music perspective. We played our last gig on March 7th and had a pretty full diary booked but all cancelled of course. We did manage one rehearsal though!

:offtopic: Well I moved to Derbyshire in Oct 2005 and that was my last Gig with the Band. I  did join a Punk Band up there, but they didn't want to play live.

My old Band then went through several Bass Players over the years and gave up about 5 years ago. When they heard I was moving back down Souf, they DEMANDED I re join them and so they got a few Gigs sorted for Aug / Sep onwards thinking Covid would be gone and we would be back to normal. We have managed 3 proper rehersals but that looks like that's about it for this year now.

Never mind, I've still got my Train Set, haha, and I'm just about to develop Seven Mills Sidings a bit more.

All the best, stay safe and enjoy.:good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, alant said:

Thanks. Scenic area is 137cms x 52cms (54ins x 20.5ins). Fiddle stick is 84cms long (33ins).

Hi Alan 

Any chance please of the track plan, or a overhead photograph.

Many thanks

Terry 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alant said:

Thanks. Scenic area is 137cms x 52cms (54ins x 20.5ins). Fiddle stick is 84cms long (33ins).

Thanks, it is the same track plan as my 7mm layout hence was curious about the size (mine is 59inch by 17 inch), as your layout feels very spacious. Look forward to seeing this one develope.

• Agree 2

On 29/11/2020 at 11:51, ELTEL said:

Hi Alan 

Any chance please of the track plan, or a overhead photograph.

Many thanks

Terry 

"Back of a fag packet" layout sketch - not to scale though. The two headshunts are deliberately short to take just a tank loco and one wagon to make shunting the front siding awkward.

The loco pushes 3 wagons in from the fiddle stick and then swops them with the 3 already in place. It's possible to have 2 wagons in either the front or rear factory siding.

Plan.jpg.dd51182efe073947a0d900a21becd793.jpg

Edited by alant
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, alant said:

"Back of a fag packet" layout sketch - not to scale though. The two headshunts are deliberately short to take just a tank loco and one wagon to make shunting the front siding awkward.

The loco pushes 3 wagons in from the fiddle stick and then swops them with the 3 already in place. It's possible to have 2 wagons in either the front or rear factory siding.

Plan.jpg

It is a great track plan Alan, so simple yet great fun to operate.  I like the way you have the buildings at the front that you have to look over/around, it really draws your eye into the layout, Gordon Gravett did the same on Arun Quay and it is very effective.

• Thanks 1

Hello Alan, great to see you have been model building after Factory Lane Siding was sold on. 

I do like the small but beautiful layout approach you have made, it does look that it will be very interesting to operate.

I'll add this to my "ones to watch" list.

Stay safe

Regards

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Hello Alan, great to see you have been model building after Factory Lane Siding was sold on. 

I do like the small but beautiful layout approach you have made, it does look that it will be very interesting to operate.

I'll add this to my "ones to watch" list.

Stay safe

Regards

Thanks Mark. I have been following your progress with the build.

Stay safe yourself.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Alan.

Any update work made on Wilne Lane Yard recently?

I'm still finding plenty of things to do other than complete my present build on King Street Goods.  It is all relevant to this build it's just that I find a more perfect way to do something so I rip it out and install the new. I.E. I've found a better way for me to make point switching by using DCC Concept's SS Cobalt Point motors.

Wishing you and your a belated Merry Christmas and a hopefully better New Year 2021.

Stay safe and make plenty of progress on W L Y for us all to enjoy.

Regards

Edited by Barnaby

Just picked up on this one Alan, its a bit wonderful is this!!

Noticed about 10 posts back that you have 3 wagons on the layout. A method I've used, with a reasonable degree of success, is to propel 2 wagons in and then swap them with any 2 wagons on the layout. There are 6 different combinations, so a throw of a dice would dictate which of the 6 'moves' is made. If you have 2 wagons in one siding and you have to get the one nearest the buffers you can get into a right b*gg*rs muddle trying to sort things out!

Just a thought!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Hello Alan.

Any update work made on Wilne Lane Yard recently?

I'm still finding plenty of things to do other than complete my present build on King Street Goods.  It is all relevant to this build it's just that I find a more perfect way to do something so I rip it out and install the new. I.E. I've found a better way for me to make point switching by using DCC Concept's SS Cobalt Point motors.

Wishing you and your a belated Merry Christmas and a hopefully better New Year 2021.

Stay safe and make plenty of progress on W L Y for us all to enjoy.

Regards

Belated greetings to you and yours Mark also!

I have made some progress, will post some pics in due course. Embankment by the garage is completed, the factory siding now has a fence and I have started on the goods yard entrance gate. Also started on the builders merchant premises and have squeezed in a small small lean-to housing a print shop. Still very much work in progress though.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1