Wilne Lane Yard

alant

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi,

Love your layout and attention to detail. Did you scratch build items in the merchants yard?

Regards

Julian.

Thanks Julian. The bricks, stone blocks and sacks are resin castings from Skytrex.

Coal yard items are scratchbuilt.

Edited by alant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some cards to use as a shunting puzzle. A throw of a dice decides which siding the chosen wagon has to be shunted into. It can take some time to shunt the new wagons and remove the old ones especially with the short headshunts.

20210313_164533.jpg

2021-03-15 19.40.27.jpg

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

I use coloured barrals in open wagons. Small ones in the wagons and large ones in a bag that I draw out at random. Before covid I got members of the public to draw them. So that will not happen for some time. 

Marc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Your modelling is very much in the style of Gordon and Maggie Gravett who have inspired me so much when I saw Ditchling Green.

Lovely

Paul R

Thanks Paul. I do get inspiration from Gordon and Maggies superb modelling.

Alan.

• Like 1

Hi Alan super modelling as is the norm here. 

Just as an aside where did you find your source of wagon photos from?  I'm just about to add the wagon details for a google search.

Bets

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Hi Alan super modelling as is the norm here. 

Just as an aside where did you find your source of wagon photos from?  I'm just about to add the wagon details for a google search.

Bets

Thanks Mark. Wagon photos are pics of my own models laminated.

Yes I did wonder Alan as after I'd used your picture number to do a google search and found nothing suitable I looked closer and saw that the couplings had a lincs fitted. 

That made me think that they were photos of your own models.  I have tried to photo mine but I took them at different times and there is no uniformity between them, I think I need to note down my settings and use them each time.

I'll start with re-photographing the wagons I have to hand and start from that as at the moment my photos are a right mix of odds and sods, different angles, different sizes etc.

I still have my layout to complete its build but I am already planning my next layout, a micro in about 8ft which is typical of me grasshopping about and not finishing any thing off. 

Thanks for the FB.

I'll look forward to a video of you shunting on "Wilne Lane Yard", oh yes indeedy. 

Regards

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

Any further progress Alan? I know you said that updates would be a bit 'feast or famine', but I'm really enjoying your layout progress!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Nothing much layout wise. I have built another Parkside van and halfway through an old Mercian 1F loco kit at the moment.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Knock knock Alan ................is there anything happening here just now, like a short shunting video?

Having tried to make a video on my new occupancy "Portobello road" i now realise there is a little more to it than just point & press., but I still ask just in case.

Regards

Best

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Knock knock Alan ................is there anything happening here just now, like a short shunting video?

Having tried to make a video on my new occupancy "Portobello road" i now realise there is a little more to it than just point & press., but I still ask just in case.

Regards

Best

Hi Mark,

Not done much on the layout for some time now. Lost the modelling mojo for a while but have just picked up building the 1F kit again.

I have plans to add a couple of small trees on the embankment at some point.

Not thought about a video, maybe give it a go but my phone camera is not up to much.

All the best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Alan,

I did not notice this layout in your signature when you commented on my layout.

This one has provided a lot of inspiration for me.

I had your thread with the initial pictures bookmarked so I could return - your buildings are superb, both in construction and positioning.

Thanks for posting more photos.

all the best,

James 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1