Customer build - Planet Industrials Devonport Dockyard...

ovbulleid

Hi All

Hope no-one minds me dropping an extra thread in here but I thought I’d share a few pics of the Barclay conversion I’ve nearly finished. Just need to add wasp stripes (transfers in the post), crew, No.18 number plates and firebox glow. Only lost one handrail but the boiler valves beneath the tank snapped off and I only recovered one. 

Would it be possible to get number plates for No.19 and any other 14” Barclays the dockyard used in future? 

Wagons are from Wessex Waggons which I’ve had for a while but always lacked an appropriate naval engine to pull them.

379A549E-C415-4969-BD8E-1BAAD1628295.jpeg

05A093DF-10E1-4D49-9AA0-1BB8B7048905.jpeg

Edited by James Hilton
Edited title for clarity
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Looks great!

I didn't know Wessex Wagons existed, so thanks for mentioning them.

http://www.wessexwagons.co.uk/

There's one there that looks perfect for you?

image.png.d1dc872d73fc6b23dad7f422ffa3a986.png

No.397 Royal Navy Dockyards, Senior Naval Stores Officer (S.N.S.O.), rectangular tank wagon No.467

Dark Navy Blue, white lettering.   
Suitable: Military Dockyard railways , perhaps others

Variation based on open wagon examples

Within each Royal Navy Dockyard, the Senior Naval Stores Officer (S.N.S.O.) was responsible for most of the non-armament stores for use within the Dockyard and for supplies to the ships based there. The Portsmouth Royal Dockyard and the Devonport Dockyard both had extensive internal railway networks, and both were linked to the national railway system. This wagon is based on open wagon examples; the running number reflects an un-attributed allocation at Devonport, although it is suitable for the Royal Dockyard at Portsmouth and other RN dockyard locations.

£15.00 each

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• James Hilton changed the title to Customer build - Planet Industrials Devonport Dockyard

Lovely to see one of these finished with the transfers on too...

I’ve got a list of stock to build at some point, from scouring the Paul Burkhalter book and the film Force Ten from Naverone...

I’ve built the Planet with lower height roof too, although our kit version will have the standard cab...

88E1E77E-A8CF-4E6E-BB69-6AF0C6C0148C.jpeg.d2bd10f3afb2aea7b264b420befd10b1.jpeg

• Like 4

• James Hilton changed the title to Customer build - Planet Industrials Devonport Dockyard...
  • 8 months later...

Picking this thread up again rather than starting a new one, do the PI team know when the modern Dockyard shunter kit will be released? I have a friend who has worked for many years in the dockyard and is keen to get one or two to go with his new KUA wagons as part of a planned layout. Thanks!

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, ovbulleid said:

Picking this thread up again rather than starting a new one, do the PI team know when the modern Dockyard shunter kit will be released? I have a friend who has worked for many years in the dockyard and is keen to get one or two to go with his new KUA wagons as part of a planned layout. Thanks!

It's still on the radar. We're working through some production issues with the bespoke chassis but hope to have some updates soon.