The 7mm Scale Society

fail safe

The secret is out.  A group of modellers has got together to form a new society for 7mm scale modelling.  Looks like an early Christmas present

for anyone seeking a fresh re start without the politics in 0 gauge. The web presence and dedicated forum which is now live here https://7mmscalesociety.org  where those

interested can get more information and join if they wish. Membership is just £ 5 p.a. for the first year. The website is about to develop and there is a Youtube channel in the making.

There is also a Facebook Group here  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1523417817820639

The 7mm Scale Society is an independent unincorporated, not for profit society. 

1140269455_Finalscreengrabsample.png.70bff23659a9a0964d6108dfa83d1028.png

Why join?

We are new, so you can help shape the Society. As enthusiasts for 7mm scale modelling, we welcome everyone (over the age of 18) from new entrants to the scale to experienced and expert masters. We can all share, be inspired and learn from each other. Questions and requests for help, no matter how basic, are always welcome. 

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, fail safe said:

Looks and feels like it's a very happy place with modelling only discussion. Glad I joined.  What a difference from 'the other 0 gauge forum'. 

It is probably a good idea to stop making comparisons otherwise there are some members of RMWeb who are also Guild members, may feel aggrieved at their Guild forum being run down on another forum, and then this thread, may turn into a slanging match, along the lines of 'mine is better than yours'.  Something that Andy Y and the rest of the admin team do not want.

The initial uptake of membership is promising and a low cost forum based society may appeal to younger (than me) modellers.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, 009 micro modeller said:

Does this include everything in this scale or just standard gauge? Just wondering about NG modellers and possible confusion with the 7mm NGA (which as far as I know is not involved with any of the ‘politics’ mentioned elsewhere).

Yes NG modellers are positively welcome as far as I can see. Everything in 7mm scale, except not leaning toward coarse scale. More of a fine scale philosophy. Quite refreshing.

Well, been a member for nearly a week now. What a difference it's making to 7mm scale and 0 gauge for those who've signed up. Such a relief to join in to a scale specific society with such positive thinking and happy people during these times.  It's already becoming  quite a community. No regrets joining at all, especially for a fiver. Plenty of good people joined who've recently come from 4mm scale too.

Here's the link in case anyone is sitting in the fence.  https://7mmscalesociety.org

• RMweb Premium

so why join? If you join the ALSRM you get  discount from Slaters and free entry to the Annual Show at Reading...what do you get for your £5?

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Giles said:

This is now starting to sound like a cult..........

I’m not entirely sure I’d go that far, although I wonder whether that impression is created by both the Facebook group and the forum being closed and not viewable. Although I don’t really know much about this so don’t want to get into an argument - my original comment about the 7mm NGA and NG modellers was just trying to point out that it might be better to either work with them or focus on standard gauge modellers, rather than trying to serve everyone when there is already a specific narrow gauge group. I was briefly a 7mm NGA member before deciding to focus mainly on 009, and so far have never been a member of any other 7mm groups.