New 7mm Finescale Society

Arun Sharma

17 hours ago, t-b-g said:

My hope is that once those who have been clearly unhappy being members of the Guild make the move to the new group, that the Guild forum will be able to go back to essentially a modelling place, rather than a place full of accusations, insults and suchlike.

I think it's very important to point out here that people were not, unhappy being members, but unhappy with the way the Guild is run with its old boy network, style of management.  Accusations were not exclusive to so called unhappy members, it came from both sides. The Guild forum has places to discuss the running of the organisation, and its politics, and if anyone didn't like it they didn't have to read it. 

The new  place is a web based on-line society, and will be teaming up with all sorts of other modellers groups and organisations, and as such does not need a printed magazine that costs a lot to produce. Other people like BRM do that very well already. This is for the future, and is just the start.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

We are in danger of going around in circles here, and it will just be the same old sorry tale of arguments for and against the Gauge O Guild that have been aired to death before now in other sections of this forum.

Let's just knock this on the head once and for all.

Let the G0G travel along one route and the 7mm Scale Society another. 

You can't change history however much you try, but we do have the opportunity to change the future.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

We are in danger of going around in circles here

'Knock it on the head'?  And most certainly nobody is trying to change history!  Where did the come from? Are you the one line policeman?

I can not see where anyone has been arguing and going round in circles.  And I can not see any arguments for or against the Guild here, just a few answers and the fact that most people have indeed put it behind them, and have taken action to change wherever that future would have been.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, fail safe said:

'Knock it on the head'?  And most certainly nobody is trying to change history!  Where did the come from? Are you the one line policeman?

I can not see where anyone has been arguing and going round in circles.  And I can not see any arguments for or against the Guild here, just a few answers and the fact that most people have indeed put it behind them, and have taken action to change wherever that future would have been.

What's a one line policeman?  

My apologies for using the term trying to change history.

I'm just trying to be diplomatic over this.  

Perhaps, regurgitating the same old tired stories that those that have been active on this forum for some time, keep seeing, might be  a more appropriate statement.

What happened in the G0G forum should have stayed in the G0G forum, and one of the reasons it spilled over into RMWeb was probably due to what I would say, were dubious moderating decisions at the time, which resulted in peoples opinions on the GOG forum being stifled.

That's now been resolved.

By all means 'big up' the 7mm Scale Society. It's new, fresh and has a great future, let's leave further reference to the G0G and what they've done in the past out of it.

Please don't think I'm one of the 'old boys' of the Guild.  Yes, I am a member, but was also a founding member of the Reform Group on Facebook.  I'm pretty sure it was one of my comments there about, going our own way was the first public (ish) suggestion that we needed another society.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I'm pretty sure it was one of my comments there about, going our own way was the first public (ish) suggestion that we needed another society.

I don't think so! The fact that many people desired a new society has been mentioned many times. Planning has been underway for many months. Best we leave this alone now as things have moved on anyway.  In any case, no one is regurgitating the same old stories, as you say, where do you get this from? They weren't stories in the first place, they may have been things you disagreed with for sure, but not stories.

Since you ask, I meant, on line policeman. Someone who attempts to tell others how to say the things they want to say, and what not to say. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, fail safe said:

I think it's very important to point out here that people were not, unhappy being members, but unhappy with the way the Guild is run with its old boy network, style of management.  Accusations were not exclusive to so called unhappy members, it came from both sides. The Guild forum has places to discuss the running of the organisation, and its politics, and if anyone didn't like it they didn't have to read it. 

The new  place is a web based on-line society, and will be teaming up with all sorts of other modellers groups and organisations, and as such does not need a printed magazine that costs a lot to produce. Other people like BRM do that very well already. This is for the future, and is just the start.

As people have started to say, time to leave the past behind and look forward I think.

Edited by t-b-g
Spelling
  • Like 2

• AY Mod locked this topic