IR/ NIR coaches

Robert Shrives

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Thanks for the bump! due to the stall on the glazing not much more done. 

Re colours 

I used Halfords Rattle cans  with Blue being Ford Midnight Blue - I use this for DRS/ Reg rail and NIR Bumble bee blue.

Grey being Ford Polar grey  

Yellow is Inca yellow , but Mustard equally good. 

Recently I have used Riolett in Milton Keynes for RAL mixed and have a great rail grey but lots of others out and about who will do mixes.

These are all Acylic based paints and with care spray well , mask of course and can be done out of doors on a warm sunny day.  _ I keep some large clean plastic boxes as covers - dusted out of first! when paint is covered to protect but the Halfords paints are more than touch dry in minutes.   

I really ought to carry on and finish these before the IRM rtr ones land ..

Robert 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

No pics yet but some progress on NIR Gatwicks with three on the bench.  Just need to sort rebuilding as nearly 50% decals on stripes on bodysides.  Some progress on DBSO - albeit it was in real world never used and 8911 gen coach has been stripped following a masking tape foul..

Robert  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

1811155010_CIENIR201230622007.thumb.jpg.dad2948304232a5a227114777011e497.jpg

Hurst overlay for NIR buffet 547 added a 10thou door overlay to restore flush side, with roof on the rain strip just protudes over the overlays .

772499734_CIENIR201230622011.thumb.jpg.dcc719350b5d7db19287dee960f83491.jpg

Vehicle in NIR maroon from precision paints, needs to harden for a week or so and then masking for Caribbean Blue - 1970s paint name but no RAL I can locate, I guess eat your heart out Farrow and Ball, "silly" paint names nothing new ...

Roof has had vents added and primed  need to go dark roof grey as does the dome ends on the coach  Having cut bodysides for flush glazing it will differ from 4 more in original Enterprise livery and a dtso just on bench - lima based to match rake, all this to ensure IRM produce 101s and coaches to match next week !     

• Like 3