Timeout error 524

• RMweb Premium

MIne crashed about a hour ago for a few minutes. Now it wont load any activity other than the first visible screen. No button visible .

There is a work around to that.  If you hit the page refresh button, the load new activity button magically appears.

I was looking at one page just now and the black bar notification came on.  This had the avatar for the poster but the rest was completely blank.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Getting this error every time I try to use the search function

I've just tested the basic search box with a variety of terms and all seemed OK. Maybe it's just worth a site cookie clearance from your browser to see if that makes any difference.

• RMweb Premium

Getting 524 time out error. 

But only happens on my mobile, whenever I try to open Wheeltappers. Been happening for a few days. Other forums fine, which is strange. 

Using Samsung Internet. 

Everything fine if I use Windows 10 pc and Firefox. 

• RMweb Gold
On 07/08/2021 at 19:59, AY Mod said:

Yes, its been sporadic today. Nothing I can do on this one.

To be honest it's been sporadic over the last 16 days (usually in the evening UK Time) - something to do with another company on the same servers as RMWeb, who are providing Olympics coverage perhaps (and paying extra to ensure they get priority bandwidth). 

As you say ,nothing you can do about it Andy, apart from passing it up the food chain

Edited by toboldlygo
text
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 02/08/2021 at 04:15, kevinlms said:

Getting 524 time out error. 

But only happens on my mobile, whenever I try to open Wheeltappers. Been happening for a few days. Other forums fine, which is strange. 

Using Samsung Internet. 

Everything fine if I use Windows 10 pc and Firefox. 

I'm still getting exactly the same issues.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I've just accepted it will happen as often as not.  My workround is to get in, click "Content I posted in" and open another window to look at specific things while the search churns away ... if the first window returns a 522, try again, if not, happy days .....

• RMweb Premium
On 27/08/2021 at 10:54, Chimer said:

while the search churns away

If lots of people are doing this it's no wonder the site is slow at times. Seems a bit like kicking a man while he's down to me.

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Nile said:

If lots of people are doing this it's no wonder the site is slow at times. Seems a bit like kicking a man while he's down to me.

Site should be able to cope, it's only this one that I have issues with, no others.

All sites have issues from time to time, it’s not like Rmweb is a banking site and needs to be up 24/7 (and how often do these go down!).

This is a website community of likeminded people (really, sometimes I do wonder!) and we come here for banter, advice and inspiration.  None of us pay for access to the site and if it goes down perhaps we may do some modelling or something else useful for the short time it is unavailable.

It surprises me just how many hours a day you can get responses from Andy or Phil so let’s remember they do have a life beyond this site.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Richard E said:

Site should be able to cope, it's only this one that I have issues with, no others.

Some people have more problems more of the time than others; I'm leaving it at that for a Saturday on a bank holiday weekend.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I get the issue on my WIN7 desktop and both my Android devices. It doesn't seem to be an issue on any other website I use and neither is it consistent. This morning everything seems to be fine, but last night around 1030 response times were horrendous.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...