Timeout error 524

• 1 month later...

I get the error when I try to get onto the site through "Content I posted in" - on PC, Kindle Fire and Android Phone. All the other "ways in" work fine. I e-mailed the mods a couple of days ago, but no answer yet,

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, rowanj said:

I get the error when I try to get onto the site through "Content I posted in" - on PC, Kindle Fire and Android Phone. All the other "ways in" work fine. I e-mailed the mods a couple of days ago, but no answer yet,

I have exactly the same problem. I've cleared the browser cache (Chrome on an Android tablet) but still always fails.

Cheers

Dave

3 hours ago, rowanj said:

17 minutes ago, eldavo said:

I have exactly the same problem. I've cleared the browser cache (Chrome on an Android tablet) but still always fails.

Cheers

Dave

I had that problem a few months ago.  I changed the Time Period to 28 days and have not had a problem since.

Below is a screen shot of my settings.

2021-11-12_13-35-40.jpg.fa1ed442702456a345ee0cd927162e17.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Mick. I changed  the setting to Since My Last Visit, saved to a new stream, then saved as a bookmark on my Windows PC and all was well. It looks as though the search engine on the server cannot cope with the default search parameters - not that I am a prolific poster.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rowanj said:

Thanks Mick. I changed  the setting to Since My Last Visit, saved to a new stream, then saved as a bookmark on my Windows PC and all was well. It looks as though the search engine on the server cannot cope with the default search parameters - not that I am a prolific poster.

John

Yes I am sure that is it, the server is spending too long searching and so it times out.  Another poster, Martin set his Time Period slightly higher than mine and it has cured his time out problem.

We posted about it back in June on this thread.

32 minutes ago, eldavo said:

I'm obviously being thick as I can't see a "save" button.  I can save the changed options as a new stream but can't change the default options.  What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Dave

From your previous post I assume you are on Android.  I have just checked on my Android phone (that's a first) and when I touch one of the down arrows in a column the various SAVE options pop up underneath.  It looks like the screen shot of Contents I Follow  which I posted earlier.

• RMweb Premium

Hmmm.  Not sure what's going on, I see all the save options except the "Save Changes" button.  This happens both on my Android tablet and my Win 10 PC.  Very frustrating.

It would be quite nice if the system just "worked" as it used to.  For me the problem only started happening a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Dave

31 minutes ago, eldavo said:

Hmmm.  Not sure what's going on, I see all the save options except the "Save Changes" button.  This happens both on my Android tablet and my Win 10 PC.  Very frustrating.

It would be quite nice if the system just "worked" as it used to.  For me the problem only started happening a couple of days ago.

Cheers

Dave

As I can see those options I am at a loss as to why you don't see them.:scratchhead:

When you press one of the down arrows in a column a pop up window opens where you can change that columns options.  I presume you have changed an option in one of those windows at which point the save options should appear.  Other than that I don't think I can help you further.