Help identifying part fallen off class 66

Neil P

• RMweb Gold

This fell off my class 66 last night. Any idea what it is? I've tried looking at pictures and can't work out where it goes. (Damn, these models are fragile!)

Thanks,

Neil

IMG_3197.jpg

Really good picture above illustrates it on the prototype, on the model it sits in a hole in the rear cross section of the bogie, there should be a hole which a pin sits into, it normally breaks off if the actuator falls off. Make sure you put it on the right end with the chain link, see the picture of model below. I always end up drilling a hole and putting a 1mm pin into the actuator and re-drill the hole in the bogie. So it sits correctly.

20201203_190955.jpg

Edited by martin_l_jones
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, martin_l_jones said:

Really good picture above illustrates it on the prototype, on the model it sits in a hole in the rear cross section of the bogie, there should be a hole which a pin sits into, it normally breaks off if the actuator falls off. Make sure you put it on the right end with the chain link, see the picture of model below. I always end up drilling a hole and putting a 1mm pin into the actuator and re-drill the hole in the bogie. So it sits correctly.

20201203_190955.jpg

That’s very helpful, thanks. I couldn’t quite work out how it attached.