Introducing Richard....

rapidoandy

Evening everyone!

Not only are we introducing new models today, but also new UK based staff!

Meet Richard Foster, our Sales and Marketing Manager.

Richard is possibly a more familiar face, given that there’s been a picture of him in every issue of Model Rail magazine since 2008. He started his journalistic career as the Junior Writer on MR’s sister title Steam Railway way back in 2004.

Richard is also a life-long railway enthusiast and has a wide-ranging interest – which means his fantasy layout list is quite an extensive one – but he’s never actually finished a layout before (probably because he spends a good proportion of his modelling time ham-fistedly building aircraft kits).

DSC_0375.JPG.09b4cdea639e5f7fb01f431a587ff1c1.JPG

Here are some random facts about Richard – and they’re all true:

1. Richard still owns his first car

2. He got married in a zoo… and his stag-do involved driving narrow gauge steam engines

3. He played guitar in a covers band (YouTube footage does exist)

4. He injured himself playing air guitar… and had to visit hospital

5. He got stuck in a lift with Ocean Colour Scene’s drummer

6. The largest vehicle he’s driven is a MAN tractor unit.

7. He’s been attacked by A-10 Thunderbolts

8. He supports Norwich City FC

Richard is looking forward to making Rapido Trains UK the biggest and best model manufacturer in Britain… and eating all the biscuits I provide.

Welcome Richard!

Edited by rapidoandy
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to the party Richard. I hope this career move proves to be a good one for you - I'm sure it will.

I thought your piece in the Rapido UK newsletter was very candid, and I totallly understand your nervousness in making the move, but I'm glad you have decided to do it.

I also love the way you guys break all the 'rules' of email marketing by having a newsletter that comes out infrequently, is incredibly long but still manages to be one that I'll make time to read all of (with a cup of tea, of course).

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Richard was doing so well until he got to number 8!

Mike.

Your name a has just gone on a couple of 'for disposal' lists in our house - where both of my offspring are, for whatever weird reason I cannot understand, supporters of that particular ball kicking concern.   Don't blame me!! 

• Friendly/supportive 1