Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

• RMweb Gold

Very interesting. Somewhat different from the N gauge variant where the sleepers are not completely cut out. I had assumed that was due to the manufacturing method but perhaps it was for strength and that is not needed in 4mm scale with larger sleepers.

These are certainly a gamechanger for many of us who do not enjoy trackwork construction. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dpgibbons said:

Good to see you branching out Wayne. Are the chairs moulded into the base or are they individually pegged into the sleepers as with your N Gauge units? 

Many thanks. The chairs are part of the base, so a huge part of the workload is already done :)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Just now, Gilbert said:

This is great news - I appreciate this is all still very early in the process but I can't help feeling that a shorter point will sell very well indeed.

Thanks. I plan on doing A5, B6, B7, B8, C9 & C10...

I plan to make all kinds of formations like crossovers, ladder crossovers, diamonds & slips, and also 3 way turnouts exactly like I have done in my N Gauge range.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, dpgibbons said:

How are the switch blades wired please? Is it through the tiebar tabs?

If you are referring to power feeds, these would need soldering to the underside of the rails. A wire will be pre soldered to the cast crossing frog, however.

Edited by Wayne Kinney
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, cheesysmith said:

When can these be ordered? Finally a alternative to the peco pointwork. Was seriously looking at tillag but if these come with a range of points and slips, they will be perfect for me.

Thanks. I am aiming for Jan/Feb on releasing the B7 kit. Other sizes and formations would follow shortly after this.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1