Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

• RMweb Gold

This is a truly a fabulous development for 00.

It is so wonderful to follow this development and learn so much about the technical side of track design and model manufacturing techniques – as the project progresses.

These turnouts just ooze quality and I look forward to this range becoming available.

In the meantime I will continue to follow this thread eagerly.

Kev.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your business, but what's the rationale behind not releasing one gauge while you work on the other? Surely there's not much re-use between the two - wouldn't it make more sense to get OO (or EM) out there, and get feedback to incorporate into the other, rather than developing both in parallel?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, njee20 said:

Far be it from me to tell you how to run your business, but what's the rationale behind not releasing one gauge while you work on the other? Surely there's not much re-use between the two - wouldn't it make more sense to get OO (or EM) out there, and get feedback to incorporate into the other, rather than developing both in parallel?

Kit's will be released in this fashion, yes. Most likely in the order 00 'Standard', EM and then 00-SF. I'll release the B7 in all three versions before moving on to the next formation and so on.

Right now, as I am still in the prototyping stage, I require feedback from all standards before committing to several things...

EDIT - Don't worry, things will move quite quickly :)

Edited by Wayne Kinney
Added extra note
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Going to be shooting waxes of this today, I'll post some pics of this later on :)

Phrase of the day.............'Yeah !.........Just shooting some waxes, Baby !.......

Okay, off to lie down.....

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Kit's will be released in this fashion, yes. Most likely in the order 00 'Standard', EM and then 00-SF. I'll release the B7 in all three versions before moving on to the next formation and so on.

Right now, as I am still in the prototyping stage, I require feedback from all standards before committing to several things...

EDIT - Don't worry, things will move quite quickly :)

Well I like N gauge FB turnouts, so it has no impact on me either way ;)

That said I've not built any of the EV15s I've got 'in stock', but as such I'm a netural observer! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Kinney said:

I have also had another development regarding rail. The EMGS has advantageously agreed to supply me with their code 75 bullhead rail. So I will now be using this for the turnout kits, not SMP rail.

Also, thought I would clarify, I will be using the EMGS code 75 bullhead rail on all versions of the kits, not just the EMG version.

Edited by Wayne Kinney
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Wayne Kinney said:

I wondered how long it would take ;)

I felt it only fair that I didn't  disappoint...........:D

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Also, thought I would clarify, I will be using the EMGS code 75 bullhead rail on all versions of the kits, not just the EMG version.

As Peco do some work for EMGS can I assume the rail is therefore compatible with Peco track??

• RMweb Gold

Oh! Are you referring to the infill in this section?

Yes, sorry if I haven't been clear.

visible_ballast.jpg.13516b760f2a12bcfae0b5256fb65a7a.jpg

My reason for going on about it is not just for the look of the thing. Painted track colour the infill will barely notice.

But where are modeller is using a curviform V-crossing it would definitely be advantageous to put a tiny bit of curving into the diverging rail beyond the spllce. Especially for turnouts curved the other way (contraflexure). Or if the casting is too brittle to allow that, it will be easier to cut it short to the splice if there is no infill in the way, and replace with rail. These kits are going to be the basis of a lot of kit-bashing!

cheers,

Martin.

• Informative/Useful 1