Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Jeff Smith said:

And a seaside breeze no doubt?

No need for a breeze, followed her all the way up West Street until she went into a shop near the clock tower, had to back track to the model shop, before catching the train home.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

I've now released the 00 Gauge B7 kit on my website.

That was quick! :)

For a match in Templot, set the gauge to 00-D0GAI and reduce the crossing entry to 14.0mm (same as for 00-SF and EM):

finetrax_doga_b7-png.1062

(In this case the timber ends are in-line.)

The radius is 1294mm (51").

Martin.

Edited by martin_wynne
radius added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

Well done again Wayne that’s a quick turn around. Again I will say it if I can build it anyone can. I suspect Wayne days off are now going to be few and far away. You did say you are not going on holiday this year.........

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Wayne has adopted the D0GA-Intermediate setting for his Standard 00 kits.

I have therefore added it to the short list in Templot (it was already in the other gauges long list).

doga_quick-png.1073

Will be in the next program update.

N.B. the 00-SF 15.2mm check gauge tools are not suitable for D0GA-Intermediate. (They are suitable for both 00-SF and 00-BF.) The FinetraX kits do not require gauge tools for assembly.

Martin.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Guys,

I've now released the 00 Gauge B7 kit on my website. This uses the 'DOGA Intermediate' standards with 1.2mm flangeways.

https://www.britishfinescale.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=finetrax-00-b7

00gauge.JPG.5499cc6fa314ee2337df826c13247a50.JPG

00-SF will take a little longer as I am still on the design and testing stage...

This is very exciting news! I have been quietly watching progress on this for some time and I have just placed an order for two B7 turnouts, which will hopefully kickstart the building of the next phase of my layout. I had been waiting for the Peco bullhead range to expand, but it looks like you're beating them to the market, and the kits look superb.

Any ideas on the timescale for A5 and B6 turnouts becoming available? I'll need several of each for St Aldhelm. And if you're considering a double slip...that will be another order from me! 

I wish you every success with this venture, Wayne. I have no doubt these kits will be very popular.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm not wanting to start a wish list here, Wayne, but I think you could poach a lot of Peco sales if a single slip was released next.

(Peco seem most reluctant to do so...)

This would also increase sales of your points as people bought matching gear.

Kev.

• Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Modelling Mike said:

Any ideas on the timescale for A5 and B6 turnouts becoming available? I'll need several of each for St Aldhelm. And if you're considering a double slip...that will be another order from me! 

Hi Mike,

It's always tough to estimate timescales when you're a one man band. After the B7 is released in all 3 gauges, I plan on working on a matching 1in7 diamond, single and double slips.

Let's say around August to get all of the above kits released, including 00-SF versions.

I would then work on a smaller A5 after that.

In between I also need to work on the 3mm version for the 3mm society...

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Great, I look forward to having a go with these.

Wayne, can I ask if you are doing these in batches? I.e. will the OO B7s be available "permanently" or might there be a lengthy gap between batches where they may sell out?  (I ask because ideally I need to get a little further with planning before ordering.)

PS: Just a heads-up, the links to download the A4 templates for the OO B7 don't work.

38 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Mike,

It's always tough to estimate timescales when you're a one man band. After the B7 is released in all 3 gauges, I plan on working on a matching 1in7 diamond, single and double slips.

Let's say around August to get all of the above kits released, including 00-SF versions.

Wayne

Are you doing 2 types of 00 gauge turnout or one please, I think I may have missed something as I thought you were doing EM and 00-SF gauges

28 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Wayne

Are you doing 2 types of 00 gauge turnout or one please, I think I may have missed something as I thought you were doing EM and 00-SF gauges

Yes both 00 the test build I did and 00sf as well.

Keith

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, hayfield said:

Hi John,

Wayne is doing all 3 gauges -- EM, what he calls Standard 00 (D0GA Intermediate), and 00-SF.

I was expecting the 00-SF to be available before the Standard 00, because it can use the same cast crossing as EM. I was wrong!

There was a lot of discussion on here about 00-SF gauge-transitions to 16.5mm, so it will be interesting to see what Wayne has decided. I'm very much hoping the turnouts will be 16.2mm all-through. Partly because it is the only logical option, but also because it is the only option which can be replicated in Templot. But there are other voices...

cheers,

Martin.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Mike,

Hi Wayne, 

It sounds like you have your work cut out for you! How you're managing all this as a one-man band, I don't know. Hats off to you. 

Fingers crossed everything goes to plan and I look forward to the double slip when it's ready!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I agree with Martin regarding having 16.2 throughout the 00-SF ones, as I would like to marry them up to ply & plastic self assembled 16.2 mm plain track.

If laying a curved turnout what would be the best method? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 15/05/2021 at 15:08, Wayne Kinney said:

Hi Guys,

I've now released the 00 Gauge B7 kit on my website. This uses the 'DOGA Intermediate' standards with 1.2mm flangeways.

https://www.britishfinescale.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=finetrax-00-b7

00gauge.JPG.5499cc6fa314ee2337df826c13247a50.JPG

00-SF will take a little longer as I am still on the design and testing stage...

Can you run modern Hornby and Bachmann on these?