Using the easy-assembly Finetrax pointwork kits in 00 and EM (and in P4 from the S4 Society)

NFWEM57

28 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

Is something up with Rmweb, all of a sudden, I can't reply or quote on my PC, neither on chrome, Edge or Firefox (replying on my phone) 

Mine seems fine.

• Agree 1

It's strange,

It's stopped working in Chrome and Edge....I can't reply, and no photo's are showing. Plus the pop up that come up when you hoover the mouse over notifications and your account no longer work.

But it's working in firefox now...what the?

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 16/05/2021 at 11:16, Mikkel said:

Wayne, can I ask if you are doing these in batches? I.e. will the OO B7s be available "permanently" or might there be a lengthy gap between batches where they may sell out?  (I ask because ideally I need to get a little further with planning before ordering.)

PS: Just a heads-up, the links to download the A4 templates for the OO B7 don't work.

I manufacture a set number of kits per working day (Mon-Fri). The items will be available ongoing and not in ‘batches’.

Despatch times are usually 1 -2 working days from order, but maybe longer on a newly released kit with highly anticipated demand.

P.S - Sorry, still working on the A4 templates (very busy..LOL) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Two kits ordered on Sunday, arrived today. I hadn't visualised how long they'd be, which might necessitate some extra foreshortening in the trackplan I'm working on. I might have to be less ambitious and wait for the shorter versions to come. but any future ones will be 00sf.

I'm looking forward to getting on with their construction.

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unravelled said:

Two kits ordered on Sunday, arrived today. I hadn't visualised how long they'd be, which might necessitate some extra foreshortening in the trackplan I'm working on. I might have to be less ambitious and wait for the shorter versions to come. but any future ones will be 00sf.

I'm looking forward to getting on with their construction.

Thanks

Dave

Dave

But think how good they will look, especially with stock running through them

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

6 arrived today and I hadn't anticipated how big the box was going to be.

Tip for self, buy more next time so that the box is full.

They do look lovely but I will have to restrain myself and wait until I have somewhere to put them once built. Don't want to build one and then find that it should have been curved.

Edited by RBAGE
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 18/05/2021 at 02:14, Wayne Kinney said:

Is something up with Rmweb, all of a sudden, I can't reply or quote on my PC, neither on chrome, Edge or Firefox (replying on my phone) 

Wayne,

You're not alone. I get that a lot, intermittent loss of connectivity, images won't open, posts, edits or replies won't complete, getting left in mid air. Sometimes I just give up, it's become very frustrating and being in Oz I'm mostly accessing in the post midnight hours UK time.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, SteveCornford said:

So how many do you need to order to fill the box?

There is a photo on the EM B7 thread of a box full going to the em society. That should give you an idea.

Keith

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, KeithHC said:

There is a photo on the EM B7 thread of a box full going to the em society. That should give you an idea.

Keith

I'll hazard a guess... 20?

Is there a prize?

Edited by Nickey Line

4 hours ago, Wayne Kinney said:

LOL...yeah, I'm waiting for smaller boxes from my supplier, been waiting for nearly 2 weeks. Should get them Tuesday....

So, what you're saying is, to justify getting a large number on the basis of optimising packaging space, I have to order them before Tuesday?

• Funny 5

No, you need to order 50x kits to optimise the box space..LOL...really! :blind:

Seriously though, the large box cost the same P&P in both the 'actual box cost' and the 'Royal Mail postage cost' as the pending smaller box...no difference.

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Kinney said:

No, you need to order 50x kits to optimise the box space..LOL...really! :blind:

Seriously though, the large box cost the same P&P in both the 'actual box cost' and the 'Royal Mail postage cost' as the pending smaller box...no difference.

I'll order them piecemeal so that the wife doesn't notice.

The last order will be for diamonds. I'll need about 7. Then start construction.

They really do look the business and crying out for some nice, flowing formations.

Are the points designed to give "Peco" track spacing or something a bit more prototypical? No need to ask this question, really, as they look infinitely more suitable for such modifications than ready to lay track.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

Are the points designed to give "Peco" track spacing or something a bit more prototypical? No need to ask this question, really, as they look infinitely more suitable for such modifications than ready to lay track.

They are kits, so how long you cut the rails, and cut the bases to fit is up to you.

However, if you lay the 00 bases unmodified with the correct closed-up spacing of the end joint timbers for the fishplates (25" centres), the track spacing will be at 49.5mm centres:

finetrax_00_centres.png.bc4a977eddccd20f78166378bc2af29c.png

That compares with:

Prototype track centres: 44.67mm (minimum) for double-track running lines, 60.67mm for loops and sidings from running line.

Peco track centres: 50.8mm.

Martin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

I'll order them piecemeal so that the wife doesn't notice.

The last order will be for diamonds. I'll need about 7. 

The wife will certainly notice an order for diamonds - well they are apparently a girl’s best friend.

When she sees what arrives it might well be your last order - for anything :).

• Like 1
  • Funny 9