Delivery schedule for new Heljan products

mikeford2002uk

Just wondered if anyone has seen an upto date release schedule for O and OO gauge models . I've been told of many models being pushed back to the end of 2021 or into 2022 such as the O class 47s and Mk2s

Perhaps someone in the trade knows better detail if correct

Longer time to save up though!

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, mikeford2002uk said:

Tower (and I'm sure others) usually publish any info they have on their websites, particularly around latest delivery expectations.

If Heljan know when items are to be available I believe we would know.  The reality is that until the models are on a ship bound for the UK it's an unknown.  Manufacturing in China is about who shouts loudest however, the volume is not measured acoustically but in US$. Experience over the last few yeas demonstrates that Chinese manufacturers are very fickle and money talks.

Norman

• Like 2

I wonder how much a no deal Brexit will affect this. Heljan import their stuff to Denmark from China. Does this mean when its sent from Denmark to the UK it attracts a tariff. In which case Heljan need to import direct to the UK from china.

Paul R

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, pwr said:

Does this mean when its sent from Denmark to the UK it attracts a tariff. In which case Heljan need to import direct to the UK from china.

Could this be linked to the distribution of certain Heljan originals via the EFE Rail brand?  In other words channeled through the Bachmann supply chain?  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As far as I'm aware the WTO maximum tariff on "toys" is zero — so there isn't an issue. I doubt there is any direct connection between Brexit and EFE Rail either — more likely it gives Heljan access to wider markets and Bachmann something to make up for their inability to provide enough of their own products to sell — though that seems to be improving, given how many "new" products have been introduced in the last few weeks.

Nevertheless, not one of the quarterly announcements from Bachmann has contained any newly tooled, previously unknown products on their own account (rather than as EFE).

• Agree 2

On 03/12/2020 at 22:05, mikeford2002uk said:

Just wondered if anyone has seen an upto date release schedule for O and OO gauge models . I've been told of many models being pushed back to the end of 2021 or into 2022 such as the O class 47s and Mk2s

Longer time to save up though!

I've received advice today, from Hattons, about the updated release dates for two of my orders for newly tooled Heljan 'oo' gauge products.

GWR Railcar  Jan to March 2021

Class 25   March to April 2021

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, pwr said:

I wonder how much a no deal Brexit will affect this. Heljan import their stuff to Denmark from China. Does this mean when its sent from Denmark to the UK it attracts a tariff. In which case Heljan need to import direct to the UK from china.

Paul R

As has been said, the import duty on scale model railway products is likely to be zero, the greater problem for retailers is the current method of UK retailer getting product from Heljan in Denmark, as Heljan have their distribution base in Denmark. While Denmark and UK were both in the EU and in 2020 for the UK transition arrangements, it was relatively straightforward as UK acquirers of goods from the EU, made their acquisition declaration via their VAT returns, and unless they were high value acquirers, they only had to declare the value of acquisitions within the tax period. However from January, UK retailers buying from Heljan in Denmark  will have to import the consignment, which is likely to require a Customs import entry, this is still required for imports even where the import duty is zero. Retailers can get Heljan products from Gaugemaster, however according to my local retailer,  Gaugemaster cannot supply new to market products for several weeks, so if the retailer wants to market new product on release, they have to buy from Heljan. Whether Heljan will look to set up a UK distribution, as Accurascale have done, we shall have to see.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, rembrow said:

While Denmark and UK were both in the EU

Norway is not a member state of the European Union (EU). However, it is associated with the Union through its membership of the European Economic Area (EEA), established in 1994.

7 hours ago, rembrow said:

I've received advice today, from Hattons, about the updated release dates for two of my orders for newly tooled Heljan 'oo' gauge products.

GWR Railcar  Jan to March 2021

Class 25   March to April 2021

I also had advice from Hatton's today:

• Heljan 45403Hel Class 45/1 'Peak' in BR blue with sealed beam marker lights - unnumbered £169.00

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between July 2021 & September 2021

• Heljan 4712 Class 47/0 47137 in BR blue with glazed headcode panels £186.95

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between December 2021 & January 2022

Hope this is of interest!

• Informative/Useful 1

On 03/12/2020 at 22:05, mikeford2002uk said:

I've been told of many models being pushed back to the end of 2021 or into 2022 such as the O class 47s and Mk2s

An email from Hattons yesterday said the Mk2s were now expected January-March 2022

The Claytons have also been pushed again, but only to January-March 2021.

Paul

22 hours ago, rembrow said:

As has been said, the import duty on scale model railway products is likely to be zero, the greater problem for retailers is the current method of UK retailer getting product from Heljan in Denmark, as Heljan have their distribution base in Denmark. While Denmark and UK were both in the EU and in 2020 for the UK transition arrangements, it was relatively straightforward as UK acquirers of goods from the EU, made their acquisition declaration via their VAT returns, and unless they were high value acquirers, they only had to declare the value of acquisitions within the tax period. However from January, UK retailers buying from Heljan in Denmark  will have to import the consignment, which is likely to require a Customs import entry, this is still required for imports even where the import duty is zero. Retailers can get Heljan products from Gaugemaster, however according to my local retailer,  Gaugemaster cannot supply new to market products for several weeks, so if the retailer wants to market new product on release, they have to buy from Heljan. Whether Heljan will look to set up a UK distribution, as Accurascale have done, we shall have to see.

I've brought direct from Heljan (Limited Edition Danish MX diesel) they were quite happy to post direct to me. Postage was no more than I'd pay purchasing it from a shop abroad. I just paid direct to their bank account.

Stay safe,

Neil

On 08/12/2020 at 20:25, Gwiwer said:

Could this be linked to the distribution of certain Heljan originals via the EFE Rail brand?  In other words channeled through the Bachmann supply chain?  

Put simply. No. 

Not connected in any way. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Stringfingerling said:

Any news of the GWR Collett Goods for O gauge?

A quick skim down when the threads for recent locos were started has them all at over 2 years and often is a while before CADs are finished.