Casting materials for arched brick walls

Hi All, I've made a few different casts in the past for arched brick walls, flat and curved and I'm about to make a cast for a London based layout, but the trouble with using plaster for the final product is the weight mainly. I was wondering if anyone out there has used some sort of 2 part resin? I have but it's very expensive. I need probably 10 or more meters of arches and plain brick walls. Is there anything other that plaster? I use mainly Gyprock cornice cement its hard and fast curing, but very heavy. I'll put some pics up of what I'm trying to replicate 

L1763.jpg

retaining walls.jpeg

I don't have an answer, but I do have an alternative which may somehow help you think of something:

I laser cut arches for my layout, so they are acrylic. It is also largely a 2d solution too: As well as a 2d shapre, the only thing you can do is emboss the brickwork, so turrets, stanchions, recesses etc have to be added another way.

It is a totally different process so it may not provide the answers you are looking for, but it did provide alternative methods for other things I wanted to make. I also needed a friend to draw up the designs in Illustrator. I would have struggled with this part.

• Like 1