If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

Plastic fish plates for bullhead track

B15nac

I ended up using Peco Code 75 flat bottom plastic joiners. The gap between the rails ends is a bit big though and I'm thinking of filling the gap with epoxy or similar.

I tried the Tillig plastic joiners which are small and neat but they are for FB and the BH is just too broad to fit in comfortably.

I bought some of the Ambis fishplates (they deserve the name fishplate rather than joiner), Superb but very small and fragile.  I didn't use them in the end but they are probably the way to go if you are modelling fine-scale and want something realistic.

Peterfgf

18 minutes ago, peterfgf said:

I ended up using Peco Code 75 flat bottom plastic joiners. The gap between the rails ends is a bit big though and I'm thinking of filling the gap with epoxy or similar.

I tried the Tillig plastic joiners which are small and neat but they are for FB and the BH is just too broad to fit in comfortably.

I bought some of the Ambis fishplates (they deserve the name fishplate rather than joiner), Superb but very small and fragile.  I didn't use them in the end but they are probably the way to go if you are modelling fine-scale and want something realistic.

Peterfgf

Be careful of thermal expansion. Peco's plastic joiners provide a gap but they are also soft enough that they allow themselves to be squashed when the rail expands. Epoxy will not do this. It is more likely to split then give way.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Be careful of thermal expansion. Peco's plastic joiners provide a gap but they are also soft enough that they allow themselves to be squashed when the rail expands. Epoxy will not do this. It is more likely to split then give way.

Thanks for the advice. Will back off on the epoxy - I wanted to provide a smoother/continuous rail surface.

Peterfgf

18 hours ago, B15nac said:

Hi

I'm after some fishplates for bullhead track plastic ones I had some with 4 bolts on but I've run out an not sure where they came from maybe c l finescale. 

Kind regards Neil 

Neil

If you are talking about the Functional ones initially (and still available) these were Exactoscale, C&L now have introduced their own product, make sure you order the new style as the old C&L ones (still available) are 2 piece