2021 hopes

Hilux5972

Well - what's the harm?

Those that don't like it always grumble and stamp. I always thought those not in favour should just not bother reading the topic or spoiling it for those that do like these things!

• Like 4
  • Agree 8

As the new range announcement date HAS been confirmed, it's legitimate to ponder upon what might be! Call it prediction, call it frothing, let's have at it!

Seeing as NRM/Rails/Bachmann have their "Precedent", Hornby should go ahead and add to their stud of GER/LNER locos and announce an E4.

They could also reissue teak effect clerestories to go with it....

• Like 8
  • Agree 2

Bearing in mind the success of the Coronation Scot coaches Hornby might produce some Coronation and upgraded Silver Jubilee coaches.  These will boost the sales of the A4 Pacifics.

Hornby might also introduce some authentic pre-grouping four and six wheel coaches as their existing four wheel coach is in need of upgrading and they will go well with the Adams Radial and Terrier.  If this upsets Hattons Hornby will claim that it has been working on this project for a long time.

• Like 3
  • Agree 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

If I were in a predictive mood, and not using things already mentioned:
*BR Mk1 BFK
*BR Mk1 RK (Dia. 700/original)
*1951 Festival of Britain/U-type Pullmans (70 years since first run)
*Streamlined P2
*New industrial locomotive. What that is? No clue.

And as a train pack:
6000LA/Bulmers train pack to celebrate 50 years since 6000 returned steam to the main line after the ban.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gelboy45 said:

A Bullied 4 Sub, same as the one onsite.

Or, so far outside the box that it would be on another planet, another EMU, but instead of a South East thing (they all look the same), a Class 503.  Thats on-site too!

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Something to build on the success of Rocket. Possibly Lion and maybe some wagons. 

How about a Planet, or a Patentee. Wagons would be nice.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Opelsi said:

Well - what's the harm?

Those that don't like it always grumble and stamp. I always thought those not in favour should just not bother reading the topic or spoiling it for those that do like these things!

Considering Andy runs this forum, I thought it was polite to ask permission from him first. 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

For gods sake people just can’t help themselves can they. You could have at least waited until Andy gave us the all clear. 

Doesn't really matter, if this thread gets locked, then all the usual suspects will pop up when its allowed!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hilux5972 said:

Considering Andy runs this forum, I thought it was polite to ask permission from him first. 

Would then a PM not have been a better idea than opening the floodgates with an open topic?

• Agree 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

For gods sake people just can’t help themselves can they. You could have at least waited until Andy gave us the all clear. 

16 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

I had wrongly assumed people would have seen the original post and had the courtesy to wait for his reply. Obviously I was wrong. 

You should have made your intentions much clearer in the original post then. As for courtesy, being rude to people who have misunderstood your intentions  does not come across well. 

• Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I have a request/suggestion for the actual "Hornby 2021 range announcements" thread when it happens. That it's split into TWO threads, one steam era and one modern image. The 2020 thread went wandering off down all sorts of rabbit holes and nearly 50% of readers had to plough through discussions regarding models which they have no interest in. That's usually avoidable by not opening the thread if the title isn't 'your' era but not a luxury available on an unwieldy single cover-all topic...

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

A large carnivorous mammal.  And maybe I could and mention something very surprising and radical and go again with my old chestnut which I first put in this sort of thread a few years back and tried again the following year (so was wrong twice)?   Do I go for 3rd time lucky?

Go for it. 

• Like 1