Postal Delays

cessna152towser

• RMweb Gold
On 29/12/2020 at 15:24, Crosland said:

As of today, Parcel force and RM are accepting post for Europe again.

Just too late. Sherry attempted earlier that day to post the calendar she had expected to deliver personally, but grumpy postmistress - she often is - at St Marychurch told her to come back next week. I will just have to learn to count the days. 

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

My order from DCKits, 11th December is yet to show.

Mind they only shipped it 20th December...

My last order of Kadee couplings from DC Kits was ordered on the 8th, shipped on the 19th, arrived on the 22nd.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Bought a Bachmann 2-HAP from Rails on Boxing Day. Got an email at 3pm yesterday saying it was being shipped by Royal Mail 48-hour tracked service. However Rails sent it with Parcel Force and it arrived at 6.45am this morning! Much as I like fast delivery this was a bit early, especially as we were both asleep in bed and only the wife heard the doorbell ....

Clearly some areas have of the Royal Mail have been affected worse than others, many though are working fine, I know at least 4 of the 6 items I sent 1st class on Tuesday arrived yesterday (Wednesday)

On the other hand I bought two items (1 on Sunday the other on Monday) both posted on Tuesday, the Royal Mail has not arrived yet, Hermes is due later. Now this is a turn up

However with buying post paid labels online is no guarantee of when they enter the system, may not be the carrier causing the delays !!! 

2 hours ago, hayfield said:

Clearly some areas have of the Royal Mail have been affected worse than others, many though are working fine, I know at least 4 of the 6 items I sent 1st class on Tuesday arrived yesterday (Wednesday)

On the other hand I bought two items (1 on Sunday the other on Monday) both posted on Tuesday, the Royal Mail has not arrived yet, Hermes is due later. Now this is a turn up

However with buying post paid labels online is no guarantee of when they enter the system, may not be the carrier causing the delays !!! 

Well like 6 months ago I got an email from Hermes saying they have delivered my item and enclosed a photo which again was not my house.

I keep asking myself why don't I trust Hermes  !!  They are plonkers as del would say. You would think with so many jobless folk around they could find reliable couriers, as for their BOT rather than a customer service adviser doesn't recognise delivered to the wrong property. At least you can contact Ryan Air !!!

• Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, RFS said:

Bought a Bachmann 2-HAP from Rails on Boxing Day. Got an email at 3pm yesterday saying it was being shipped by Royal Mail 48-hour tracked service. However Rails sent it with Parcel Force and it arrived at 6.45am this morning! Much as I like fast delivery this was a bit early, especially as we were both asleep in bed and only the wife heard the doorbell ....

Placed an order with Rails yesterday at 1pm, dispatched at 4pm, delivered to my door at 8:45am today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bill Radford said:

What postal delays?

Replacement TalkTalk router authorised at 1726 on 30th - delivered 1044 on 31st.

About the only good thing I can say about TalkTalk is that they quite amenable to replacing routers. 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Crosland said:

About the only good thing I can say about TalkTalk is that they quite amenable to replacing routers. 

Probably because they are the cheapest they could find. I can't remember the last time I used an ISP supplied router - if you're ok with setting up a replacement it's usually a noticeable improvement to use a decent one.

Edited by Bucoops

On 31/12/2020 at 11:27, Butler Henderson said:

Sale order from TMC was apparently changed by them to DPD due to post issues but got an email from the Post Office this morning saying they will deliver this pm.

And indeed delivered. Received with it the package of a Geoscenics order that was placed on the 28th and sent second class. In contrast waiting on Yodel re an order of the 20th.

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, brianusa said:

C. cards from GB not received yet nor a book, a present, ordered over a month ago.:(

Brian.

a lot of transatlantic mail has reportedly gone ocean recently simply due to lack of passenger flights (pre COVID 42% of air-freight went in passenger flights cargo holds). This takes three weeks port to port in reality plus the time either side for local transit and any customs processes.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I ordered something online, coming from Ontario to here in BC. I got an e-mail on December 18 saying that it had been shipped and giving a Canada Post tracking number. Using that number, the  Canada Post website kept saying they were waiting for the package from the seller. Last week, I got a “tell us how we did” e- mail from the seller - so yesterday I told them! And of course, this morning the mailman knocked the door to deliver the package. There was a twist, though. When he tried to scan the barcode to record the delivery, the scanner wouldn’t recognize it. He had to take a picture of it at the door instead. The Canada Post website still says they are waiting for it from the seller.

I presume there was a step missed in checking it in to Canada Post and the fact that it wasn’t registered in the system must have slowed it up all the way, since it would have had to have been processed manually.

Not a delay but today I received a message from DHL asking me to book a delivery slot for an item we bought earlier. I tried the attached link 3 times as it was not working, then tried calling the phone number given, I gave up after holding on for 15 mins. So Much for German efficiency. 

Last time I used DHL my item which was on a special 24 hour delivery spent 3 days at Charles de Gaulle  airport.

Edited by hayfield

39 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Not a delay but today I received a message from DHL asking me to book a delivery slot for an item we bought earlier. I tried the attached link 3 times as it was not working, then tried calling the phone number given, I gave up after holding on for 15 mins. So Much for German efficiency. 

I've had problems with DHL. Their system wanted me to create an account on their German server (parcel was from Germany) in order to track it. No end of problems (maybe some finger trouble somewhere along the line) involving multiple use fo the forgotten password link. In the end I gave up.

The last delivery from them was flawless :)

Whilst at the moment this is not a problem, it seems the postal system is slowing down again. I ordered a couple of bits between new year and Christmas and won a couple of items over the weekend and nothing has arrived yet, I assume the Royal Mail has not kept the temps on and perhaps plenty of items were ordered after Christmas. I have just got used to the Royal Mail's general reliability and 3 out of the 4 items are easily replaceable if they get lost

Still no reply's from either Hermes of DHL about missed delivery / un-contactibility,  at least with the Royal Mail you can speak with someone .

• RMweb Premium

It was noticeable on Monday afternoon as soon as it was announced that Boris was about to do his Winston Churchill impression speak to the Nation that everyone around here jumped in their cars and went shopping, then at about ten minutes after eight the Internet slowed to a crawl which was annoying as I was trying to live stream Only Connect and University Challenge!

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping...

Still getting Christmas Cards which were posted well before Christmas. Latest one arrived yesterday which was posted on the 14th no more than ten miles away. Wonder where that has been?

John

Edited by JJGraphics
  • Agree 2