Royal train tour announced

sjp23480

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, APOLLO said:

Decoy. The Royal train went to Wigan Wallgate so William could get some Uncle Joes for his Dad for Christmas !!!!!!!

8cyae1cp.jpg

Charlie likes his Uncle Joes !!!

HRH1.jpg

Being born in the "Ancient and Loyal" town of Wigan I am a great supporter of our Monarchy. If we loose our history we forgo our future.

Wigan described itself as the "Ancient and Loyal Borough", an epithet originating in the 1663 charter of Charles II which described the town as an "ancient borough" and noted its "loyalty to the Crown". The 1663 charter governed the town until its reform by the Municipal Corporations Act 1835.

Wigan2.jpg

We even have a royal ale

image.png.ca93981ee1b4b2049ac7df2dd07f1ab0.png

Long live The Queen.

Brit15

Excellent, great stuff, fully agree.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Nope you definitely want to stay well clear. Those guys don’t mess around, we had set places and times to approach it when stabled on our patch. The location is secured well before the train arrives if it’s carrying the Royals. 

I photographed it at a Wirral station a few years back, the guys guarding it were fine, chatting and interested in my strange hobby ! - Charles was on it, they asked me to stay clear while he got off, which I did, and then I could photograph as much as I wanted without issue.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

I photographed it at a Wirral station a few years back, the guys guarding it were fine, chatting and interested in my strange hobby ! - Charles was on it, they asked me to stay clear while he got off, which I did, and then I could photograph as much as I wanted without issue.

No they are fine at public places but as the original quote I was talking about at night. There is sophisticated security and no one goes near at night in the secluded places without permission or you will meet a swift and forceful response ;) 
CFC5168D-3130-4BA6-B335-A980A948E503.jpeg.6229df63fe783f0f094ae900041474e5.jpeg

We got pictures with the train when it visited Salisbury but it was a different story on access at the stabling points on Wessex, the instructions were very clear on that. The Boss was the paper boy in the morning ;) 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, 50002Superb said:

Does anyone have any idea if this is heading toward the East Midlands?

I’d love a photo of those 67s

Dont think so.

my reckonings its got 3 obvious stops c2pm and c3pm and a scenic route to London tomorrow. Quite hard to guess tomorrow, a lot of existing noise in the timetable already in the South West and Wales. That said if i’m right it makes things unexpectedly interesting in my neck of the woods around 4pm, very long shot though.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, 50002Superb said:

Does anyone have any idea if this is heading toward the East Midlands?

I’d love a photo of those 67s

Looks to be South Wales tomorrow but you are unlikely to get anything definitive until it happens

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, beast66606 said:

Likewise - Prince Charles arrived at Settle for a private visit a couple of years back - as long as I was on the other platform, all was well.

As he was disembarking on the up platform, the train had to go north through Settle up to Blea Moor to reverse then south to Settle for the morning drop off. The train then went south for a couple of hours whilst he conducted his various visits. Then the train went north back through Settle to Blea Moor to reverse and pick him up again on the up platform.

(It also passed my house four times in the same day, but as I was at work, I didn't see it there)

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, melmerby said:

What happened when it got to Crewe?

When I left it, it had just had a green light from Platform 5 Southbound.

The green was for the Shrewsbury line - it's currently between Shrewsbury and Newport so in the dark zone, off maps

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Looks to be South Wales tomorrow but you are unlikely to get anything definitive until it happens

understood, a couple of people here indicated they had an idea of where it was going to be before it arrived so I just wondered if there was any info out there to help. 

will it end at Euston do you think?

Long, long shot, but if it’s first heading to Wales and then back to London today, what would be the chances of running via Didcot? A family member is nearby over there and I’m sure would be interested to see it pass. 

Edited by 69843
Typo

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

Another confirmation of my choice to avoid the mainstream social media platforms!

I use Facebook for enthusiast groups and for sharing with family and friends around the world, never use Twitter and registered for a couple of others and never used them. Twitter is home to ill informed idiots (mainly) - Piers Morgan uses it, thats enough for me to stay well clear. ;)

I *think* the train is currently at Portbury but not 100% at this moment - and I'm off out chasing local 37s so won't pick up the chase for a few hours.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, beast66606 said:

I use Facebook for enthusiast groups and for sharing with family and friends around the world, never use Twitter and registered for a couple of others and never used them. Twitter is home to ill informed idiots (mainly) - Piers Morgan uses it, thats enough for me to stay well clear. ;)

I *think* the train is currently at Portbury but not 100% at this moment - and I'm off out chasing local 37s so won't pick up the chase for a few hours.

1Z23 showing in Portbury docks on Railcam