MRJ 281

simon fisher

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Not Jeremy said:

John

I believe the foreign subs have gone out in the last few days, so it willl hopefully arrive any day now.

Simon

That's good to hear, Simon. Do you know what the future arrangements will be? My sub expires after issue 282.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold
On 11/02/2021 at 11:22, Not Jeremy said:

Sadly no pigeons, rather more prosaically Royal Mail or UK division of La Poste....

For information, issue 282 has just been given over to production, I must finish my advert before it's too late(!)

This will be for (shameless plug alert) Wild Swan's new book "Geoff Williams' Aylesbury LNWR", which if I say so myself is a real belter. It features Andy York's superb colour photography of the layout when it was exhibited at "Railex" 2016, courtesy of Andy and Warners/BRM magazine.

This should be printed next week if all goes according to plan.

Simon

Aylesbury.jpg

Fantastic news, really looking forward to this. Aylesbury is up there with Buckingham as one of my all time favourite layouts.

jerry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

With No.282 progressing, I’d better have a look through Simon’s list of MRJ back issues to add in with my order. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

It may well be a non-GWR/Welsh book which joins my collection.

Jonathan

And that is to be applauded....

Rob

• RMweb Gold
On 14/02/2021 at 19:16, NHY 581 said:

With No.282 progressing, I’d better have a look through Simon’s list of MRJ back issues to add in with my order. 

On 15/02/2021 at 09:23, corneliuslundie said:

It may well be a non-GWR/Welsh book which joins my collection.

Jonathan

On 15/02/2021 at 11:25, NHY 581 said:

And that is to be applauded....

Rob

Fair comment.

OK - there's nothing intrinsically wrong with GWR BLTs (even if some people are reputed to prefer a different sort of BLT, served on a plate).

However, there have been times when a disproportionate number of exhibition layouts, magazine articles and railway books have had this "flavour' - which seemed to generate a bit of kickback to more of the same.

"Variety is the spice of life" - and all that.

Incidentally, this talk of a MRJ back issue list sounds rather interesting. I hope nobody minds if I enquire how I'd be able to see such a list - as it's possible that certain issues might be of use with some build projects.

Huw.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Huw 

Either Google Model Railway Journal Index and up it will pop, current as of Dec last year or Titfield Thunderbolt has a list though early issues lack a description of content. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Huw Griffiths said:

Fair comment.

OK - there's nothing intrinsically wrong with GWR BLTs (even if some people are reputed to prefer a different sort of BLT, served on a plate).

However, there have been times when a disproportionate number of exhibition layouts, magazine articles and railway books have had this "flavour' - which seemed to generate a bit of kickback to more of the same.

"Variety is the spice of life" - and all that.

Incidentally, this talk of a MRJ back issue list sounds rather interesting. I hope nobody minds if I enquire how I'd be able to see such a list - as it's possible that certain issues might be of use with some build projects.

Huw.

Here you go..

https://www.modelrailwayjournal.com/

• Thanks 1