Signal advice for this BLT

AndyB

@The Stationmaster Mike that was my idea - to take off the yellow distant arm and use it as the home signal as per @Harlequin

Phil's diagram above.

As for expansion there's plenty of room for that. But that's at the other end of the layout and will be some kind of scenic FY.

Once that's all done then MAYBE I could add a removable pier and ferry board. Sounds fun. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2020 at 11:12, The Stationmaster said:

.....simply remove the distant arm & associated lamp and use it as the Home Signal.

@The Stationmaster...before I take a file/cutters to this, can you confirm the bit to come off is this bit?

20201230_191928.jpg.337b8e5b2051ff6320a3e6dd89bd4d2a.jpg

I've got some photos to put up on the Nantford Spinney thread later showing how this is all coming together for anyone that wants to take a gander.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Except I’m a bit colourblind and it looks more like green to me...

I had teal.

Bur don't worry, Keith. If you end up with a blue pannier tank on your new layout I'm sure someone will let you know! :rtfm:

Some of these GWR types can be dead fussy. ;) :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 2

7 minutes ago, AndyID said:

All great stuff but I'm a bit confused. Isn't a BLT a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich?

Not a bad idea Andy.

After all, there's a Strawberry line, a Watercress Line,....why not a BLT Line?!

I better install a few pig sties along the line. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, AndyB said:

Not a bad idea Andy.

After all, there's a Strawberry line, a Watercress Line,....why not a BLT Line?!

I better install a few pig sties along the line. 

MrsID is happy about veggies, but she does get slightly dodgy about other sources of protein. I don't have a problem with that so pigs it is, particularly if they are free-range.

Seriously, I do like the nice curves in your sketches. You might want to bung that lot up on Templot so we can take a shot at converting it into real turnouts. The ones that come out of the packets are effective but they also tend to be quite boring. IMHO you should make your bacon. lettuce and tomato as curvy as possible.

:) AndyID

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AndyID said:

MrsID is happy about veggies, but she does get slightly dodgy about other sources of protein. I don't have a problem with that so pigs it is, particularly if they are free-range.

Seriously, I do like the nice curves in your sketches. You might want to bung that lot up on Templot so we can take a shot at converting it into real turnouts. The ones that come out of the packets are effective but they also tend to be quite boring. IMHO you should make your bacon. lettuce and tomato as curvy as possible.

:) AndyID

Thanks Andy

The layout is actually quite well advanced now - take a look at the curves for real here.

Track isn't my thing - as you'll see. I'd blame it on eyesight but in truth making turnouts may be above my skill level by several notches.

I've tried using  Anyrail over the summer - just to see how I'd get on with a s/w tool to plan a layout. In that instance it was a 5' diameter circular layout and definitely would have needed hand built point. Cheers.

Edited by AndyB