Gaugemaster dual feedback controller

Emmo

I have a Gaugemaster dual feedback controller which says on the back 'One controller per transformer winding'. Both these controllers need a 16v AC feed to produce 12v DC output - I want to use one for my track and another just to control the turntable, but my transformer only has one 16v AC output. Will this be safe? I will not be running trains whilst operating the turntable.

The advantage of using one of the controllers for the turntable is that it has a reverse polarity switch which will allow me to change turntable direction.

Thanks in advance of any assistance with this.

Martin

It will be quite safe, even used simultaneously for short periods. All you will notice is the little LED will probably flash a lot on the unused control even when zeroed when the other is being used.

If you are really concerned, fit a dual pole double throw switch in the feed from the transformer so you can switch between controllers, isolating the unused one.

Thanks Pete and DC, great answers. I'd never thought of using a switch. I think what I will do now is to fit an isolator switch on the turntable controller so I can switch the power feed to it completely off when not in use.

Many thanks guys, appreciated.

Martin

• Like 1

The main reason to use a separate winding is so that you can't accidentally switch the two controllers to one section of track and effectively short-circuit the transformer. But you will never do this since the turntable power is being used to drive that motor, not track. They should never come together.

• Agree 1