APCM Bagged Cement van in 4mm scale

macgeordie

• RMweb Premium

Handbrake levers and associated vacuum parts now in place.

_MG_7084b.jpg.da7e02c8e1d4030e2624b13d48ac45e2.jpg

It's a bit fiddly to assemble but is a pretty reasonable representation of what is actually under the real thing.

Here are a couple of Bob Bage's photos of the underside of  BV6253.

1463585970_BV-625333.jpg.5563e1166cd3d61d7b4d176bf4b3a027.jpg

34770917_BV-625335.jpg.9488b7c4e3addae66582eceded7638ca.jpg

Ian

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium

Brake shoes and yokes now in place. I have made provision to fit an MJT compensation unit at one end as long wheelbase vans can sometimes be troublesome. The bracket onto which the unit fits is etched into the floor and can be folded up if required or just left if standard brass pin point bearings are going to be used at both ends. I'm going to fit a compensation unit to this one so there are no pin point bearings in the axleguards.

_MG_7098b.jpg.ab7e9574a010a6762d8ca4e86d2b1f60.jpg

Ian

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Wow! I misunderstood the main APCM comments and didn't realise that this topic existed.

The test build is really looking impressive. The under pinnings are looking the business. Just as I remember when I was laid on my back, in Somerset with lumps of ballast sticking into my old bones. 

Nice job. Can't wait to get stuck in myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the kind comments gents, a bit more progress too. The roof is on and the rain strips are fitted.

_MG_7122b.jpg.85b59bfc24187f6eb6633565651ba2ad.jpg

I've fitted the buffers as well. These are lovely little castings from the master, Dave Franks of Lanarkshire Model Supplies. The coupling hook is not in place on this one as I am going to fit an operational one and that doesn't need to go in until the thing is painted.

_MG_7133b.jpg.9eda212e01bdf9fe9557597ef1ff93c7.jpg

I'll post more photos in a couple of days, life keeps getting in the way at the moment.

Ian

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Muy agradable.

You seem to be getting better at this kit malarkey Ian!!

Mike.

Yes, and to think it all started nearly 20 years ago with an Anhydrite wagon :)

I take it all is well with you and yours in Spain, stay safe.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, it's more or less complete now, I just need to get the livery painted and decals applied.

_MG_7166b.jpg.5df103e454c41404fde3dab0aebf0718.jpg

A number of members have asked to go on the list for one of these. If anybody else wants one, please pm me over the next week or so. I will be ordering the etches for these kits at the end of the holidays.

Ian

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 4

17 minutes ago, Mad McCann said:

Oh, this one is seriously pushing my buttons, Ian! A train could get costly mind! :lol:

Davy.

Aye! But just think, it's not like getting a wagon out of a box and sticking it on the track, you've also got the enjoyment of building them from what looks like a smashing kit. And when you're finished, these wagons will be yours.

I'm starting with 6. The chances are that more will follow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mad McCann said:

Oh, this one is seriously pushing my buttons, Ian! A train could get costly mind! :lol:

Davy.

Aye! But just think, it's not like getting a wagon out of a box and sticking it on the track, you've also got the enjoyment of building them from what looks like a smashing kit. And when you're finished, these wagons will be yours.

This is the look I'm going for. How many can you count?

I just hope the loco doesn't meet the guards van on my roundy-roundy.

image.png.f3339c823b1e28ea02d58442c5cbc059.png

I must apologise. There is absolutely no need for me to repeat myself.

Edited by RBAGE
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, RBAGE said:

Concur fully with that! :):good:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RBAGE said:

This is the look I'm going for. How many can you count?

I just hope the loco doesn't meet the guards van on my roundy-roundy.

image.png.f3339c823b1e28ea02d58442c5cbc059.png

I must apologise. There is absolutely no need for me to repeat myself.

Just a few then. Think you've made Ian's Xmas! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a quick update for those who have requested any of these kits, I have now received the etches. I will get them wrapped over the next day or two and roll the roof sections to go in the kits, which will take most of tomorrow morning. I will contact everyone who I have on the list over the next week or so. If you haven't heard from me by the middle of next week, you are not on the list.

There should be a couple of kits left over as I ordered a few spares just in case, so if anybody else wants one please pm me. Needless to say it will be on a 'first come first served' basis.

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick update gents, I have been in touch with everybody who has requested one of these kits, so if you haven't heard from me, you weren't on the list. Two of the people who requested kits haven't responded yet so if I don't hear from them within the next week there will be a couple of kits going spare.

I have been building another one of these vans myself from the latest batch of etches and have made a couple of small changes to the instructions. The changes are purely to expand information already in the instructions on the CD's I sent out to make things clearer. I suppose it is a case of 'familiarity breeds contempt' but I actually made a mistake myself because I didn't read the instructions properly and this revised version highlights the potential problem area. I have attached a copy of the revised version for those who want it.

Ian

APCM _PVV_ instructions.pdf

Edited by macgeordie
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, macgeordie said:

Just a quick update gents, I have been in touch with everybody who has requested one of these kits, so if you haven't heard from me, you weren't on the list. Two of the people who requested kits haven't responded yet so if I don't hear from them within the next week there will be a couple of kits going spare.

I have been building another one of these vans myself from the latest batch of etches and have made a couple of small changes to the instructions. The changes are purely to expand information already in the instructions on the CD's I sent out to make things clearer. I suppose it is a case of 'familiarity breeds contempt' but I actually made a mistake myself because I didn't read the instructions properly and this revised version highlights the potential problem area. I have attached a copy of the revised version for those who want it.

Ian

APCM _PVV_ instructions.pdf 80.51 kB · 9 downloads

Thanks for the update Ian, which I have downloaded. Would you be so kind as to let us know where in the doc the changes are so I can mark up the original (already printed).

Dave