Class 50 L/Logo Painting/Numbering Diagram

francoes

Hi 

I am presently in the process of renumbering  a Hornby Class 50 011 Centurion  to 50 013 Agincourt.

This has now thrown up some questions as to whether the original 50 011 or any other number was in the correct  position to start with

Is there a set pattern as to where numbers started and ended.For instance I believe 50 011 to be the shortest number in regards to spacing if you see what I am getting at.

It seems that on one side the 50 starts in line or slightly forward of the first edge of the old window and runs on and on the other side its the last digit that runs in line or slightly over the old window and runs forward.

Also another quick one.

Where all numbers of the same measurements?

As in there thickness.As Ajax seems to carry numbers that seem slightly fatter.

I would appreciate any help or info in this matter or is it going to be a case of photographic evidence.

If that is the case help then needed in finding some good side on shots!

Many  Thanks Rob

• RMweb Gold

I think the easiest thing is to use Flickr and find the actual loco you want. There is variation in size between the numbers available from the major transfer producers. The 50 numbers were are generally in the same place but there were very subtle variations. Photos of the loco you are modelling in the period you are modelling and from both sides in the only way to be sure. After that you just need the Fox or Railtec transfers. I have done Agincourt myself some time ago. I definitely found photos at the time and I am pretty sure it was on Flickr.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 12/12/2020 at 08:39, francoes said:

Many thanks for the reply will head over there and have a dig through.I can find many good photos of 50s but always at the wrong angle.

Regards

Here's a rough side profile shot I took at Laira depot many years ago if it helps:

spacer.png

Edited by alexross42
typo
  • Like 1