Mid Hants trip the light fantastic

Kris

• RMweb Gold

There was a recent episode of the "Yorkshire steam railway" that featured a similar illuminated Christmas train. I`m guessing it was probably filmed last year, which means the Mid Hants train is not the "first in the world" as stated on BBC this morning. It`s just the first the BBC have heard of. Makes you wonder if they conveniently  forgot the NYMR`s efforts, just because it was on another channel.

Anyway, much as I hate Christmas, good luck to all preservation groups, if it helps to provide much needed funds after the events of this year. I just wish TV companies would get their facts right when it comes to railways, or has that been mentioned before? Rant over, just in the right mood now to face going shopping.

• RMweb Gold

The claim is that it's the world's first pixel mappable LED train.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that it's the first ever illuminated train.

I believe it's also the first time in the UK that a railway has run two illuminated trains simultaneously.

I have to say that it's really rather impressive!

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 45655 said:

The claim is that it's the world's first pixel mappable LED train.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that it's the first ever illuminated train.

I believe it's also the first time in the UK that a railway has run two illuminated trains simultaneously.

I have to say that it's really rather impressive!

Ah, so it's like those houses with lights set to music then? Thanks :)