Signal Box Photos

• RMweb Premium

A fun job there Richard... I often wondered why the crossover hadn't been moved from in the crossing there before...

Andy G

Edited by uax6

• RMweb Premium

Back in Railtrack LNE days a lot of telecoms "asset surveys" were required to be undertaken (for renewal budget purposes). As LNE included Anglia at the time and so few of us in Telecoms, there was a very large are to be covered. We all had IWA competencies so I "volunteered" to do the survey from Blankney Signal Box to Metheringham station - I almost got away with it!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, iands said:

Back in Railtrack LNE days a lot of telecoms "asset surveys" were required to be undertaken (for renewal budget purposes). As LNE included Anglia at the time and so few of us in Telecoms, there was a very large are to be covered. We all had IWA competencies so I "volunteered" to do the survey from Blankney Signal Box to Metheringham station - I almost got away with it!

Putting some context on that last comment, for those that don't know the line

60052_153366a.JPG.50ee2b588fe96aaaee33125d36a46987.JPG

That is Blankney Signal Box, as seen from Metheringham Station....

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, LNERGE said:

Making sure the bench is level and in the right place before filling the hole in.

Is that the same thing that the point rod cranks are on?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, LNERGE said:

It a lovely job. Did a hole, assemble the bench and get it all in the right place and the jobs a goodun.. Just there doesn't seem to be many who want to do it now.

DSC01466.JPG

DSC01395.JPG

DSC01468.JPG

No concrete? Just held in place by the ballast backfill?

The level crossing at Bellwater Junction is on a skew.  The two gates were hand-worked, but if a gate wheel had been provided it would have been possible to drive both gates without them conflicting because the skew is so sharp.  Normally that's not possible with gate wheels unless 4 gates are provided.