Gaugemaster feedback controller problem

Emmo

Following on from my earlier posting regarding these controllers, I now have a problem with one of them. Once powered up, with the polarity switch in the centre (normally an off position) the Track LED lights up when I turn the knob, however, there is no power on the track. With the switch positioned in either L or R, the LED fails to light when I turn the knob. I purchased these second hand and the wires on the PC board were a bit of a mess with bad soldering evident, so I have soldered some fresh ones to the same points, however I'm not sure if the ones that were on when I bought the unit were soldered in the right place. If anyone can post a picture of exactly where the wires go I'd appreciate it - if they are in the right places, any ideas on why I'm having the fault explained earlier?

Thanks

Martin

Further developments...

One of the track wires was soldered in the wrong place. I now have power on the track in both R and F positions with LED illumination, and trains can be controlled with the knob, however, it still illuminates in the central (off) position. I have noticed on of the AC input leads might be shorting to another section of the PC board so I am going to resolver it and then try again. Progress it seems. The other controller on the same panel (it's a dual unit) is totally dead and I've no idea as to why but I only need one, however I'd like to get that working as well if I can.

And now...

Resoldered the AC wire and I seem to have complete control! However, although it doesn't give any power to the track, the LED lights up when I turn the knob with the R-F switch in the centre neutral position. Is this normal?