Sidelines LMS Full Brake

T30RRA

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

For the CPL door bumpers I didnt fancy drilling through my coach so seated the etches in a drop of susperglue applied with pin, then used plastic rod the bumpers which I trimmed later. They can make a massive improvement but you do have to take care to try and cut them off the fret evenly and line them all up well or they stand out - quite tricky to be honest.

1117346456_DSC_0159(2).JPG.be616fa5efc65822f66349a2d592b688.JPG.9cb8d1e0c61c5f5108ce0d25a414a9dd.JPG

Thanks. I will give it a go, got plenty left to do. 

• 2 weeks later...

Buffer beams made up and put on tonight. I posed the body over the bogies to get an idea of the how it will look when finished and its shaping up nicely. Also ordered some half round brass beading as I intend on finishing it as a pre-war lot.

20210124_230007.jpg

20210124_225934.jpg

20210124_225820.jpg

• Like 6

Truss rod angles and one of the footboards were put on tonight progress was hampered by the floor not sitting tight to the body, worked out one of the buffers beams was sitting slightly proud and pushing the end, an easy fix once found.

20210126_220430.jpg

20210127_000310.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone can answer this it will help me get the last main detailing bit on aside from finishing the bogies.

I've got the dynamo arrangement 90% right I'd say. Is the tensioner suupose to connect to the "hinge" on the right hand side under the belt pulley? A photo of an lms one would be even better, mk1 coaches seem to connect in the middle but that would block where the wires come out the dynamo on this.

FB_IMG_1616395932024.jpg

• Like 3

That pretty much completes the underframe and the bogies are both finished too. Tomorrow I need to represent the vac pipes and put some plastikard over the floor. Then final detailing on the body and getting it all cleaned up.

20210401_000748.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

So catching up, the coach now has lost wax door bumpers from Laurie Griffin Miniatures and I have nearly done one side of the top beading on one side. Calling it quits tonight before I go cross eyed.

20210330_215405.jpg

20210403_221614.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

9 minutes ago, brossard said:

If the top coat is going to be maroon, which is a translucent, my preference for primer is red oxide.

John

It's a case of what I had to hand, I did a trial piece a while ago in the same manner and was happy with the colour. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just tried my aerosol that arrived from precision paints today. My word, life is complete. It took a few minutes to paint the ends of my coach rather than an hour or more with all the clean up of using an air brush!