Farkham - The Retirement Years

Lady_Farkham

• Lady_Farkham changed the title to Farkham - The Retirement Years

Thanks Mike. Truly loving the layout. 

Next up on my workbench is 47 238 'Bescot Yard'. I've modified this one so the cab door is open. Painting of the white window surrounds required a steady hand. :huh:

I just need to paint the white lines around the bufferbeams next, before weathering. 

IMG_20210131_150047.jpg

Edited by Lady_Farkham
Add missing photo
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

Elitist?.....Moi? never! ( although I'm no longer a paid-up member, understandably they don't really cater for Arm-chair modellers like me!)

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of Farkham in its new home, never saw it on exhibition, only stacked and stored in the Club room, It made a fine barrier. 

Edited by DonB
additional text.
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

18 minutes ago, Poor Old Bruce said:

They don't cater for anyone at present Don as the Clubroom is closed for the duration but there were plenty of armchair modellers when we were open any we would be pleased to welcome you when possible.

Richard

That's all well and good, but how many models of armchairs do you actually need?

Mike.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 7

one of my fave layouts when on the exhibition circuit.  I recall seeing it first in the Modeller some years back and being captivated from that point.  Great to see it has gone to a good home and continues to live on and even be developed further.

• Like 1

Very nice,

reminds me of that area of Birmingham under the M6 that was a single track with cement trains ?

I guess the layout could easily go back a few years and forward - a blue 31 would look as good on that as an EWS 66

• Like 1

Looks a nice layout. It will be interesting to see photos of it when you convert it into a Tail Chaser. I've got some photos which i took of it when it was at Warley in 2017.

Edited by EWS FAN

36 minutes ago, EWS FAN said:

Looks a nice layout. It will be interesting to see photos of it when you convert it into a Tail Chaser. I've got some photos which i took of it when it was at Warley in 2017.

That was its last public exhibition. You're welcome to post your photos here if you wish. Always interested to see them. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Really good to see Farkham back on the scene- it was always one of my favourite layouts.

You mentioned at the top a website, could you drop a link in here if possible, I only seem to be able to find the old owners pages (unless I’m getting mixed up).

The BOC tanks looks great, I got one but haven’t got round to weathering yet but with other tanks I too have found I prefer powders for the main tank, especially non oil tanks.

Good luck with the future mods.

10 hours ago, SHerr said:

Really good to see Farkham back on the scene- it was always one of my favourite layouts.

You mentioned at the top a website, could you drop a link in here if possible, I only seem to be able to find the old owners pages (unless I’m getting mixed up).

The BOC tanks looks great, I got one but haven’t got round to weathering yet but with other tanks I too have found I prefer powders for the main tank, especially non oil tanks.

Good luck with the future mods.

The website is farkham.co.uk

I may still add some rust pigment to the top half of the BOC tankers yet 

• Thanks 1