Farkham - The Retirement Years

Lady_Farkham

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Lady_Farkham said:

Day 56 of 365:

The tube has been masked up and I've sprayed the faded red/pink. The colour was again a mix of red, yellow and white to get something close to this prototype photo :

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brtube/h357bcc

ac

IMG_20230225_154440.jpg

Nice marshmallows!

Mike.

11 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Well done ! keep going ! hard work with a child ... I remember switching to DCc in 2005 when my oldest was 2... much needed shed time 

Becoming a parent is the single most, hardest thing I've ever done. I'm grateful there's two of us, and for the little spare time I have to get some modelling done. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

On 25/02/2023 at 19:31, Lady_Farkham said:

The colour was again a mix of red, yellow and white to get something close to this prototype photo :

Looks good, interesting mix to get the faded red look. I usually mix Humbrol (200) pink with some railfreight red for the faded look.

• Like 1

Day 58 of 365:
Not much done tonight due to Monday workload. The ZGV tube has had vac pipes, instanter couplings and the steps/brake lever picked out with white paint. I'm going to have to get creative with the transfers, as I don't think there's anything off the shelf for the Satlink Western. I might end up printing my own. 

IMG_20230227_192706.jpg

• Like 4

Day 59 of 365:
Today has been long at work, so tonight after the bedtime routine, I really did think I couldn't be bothered. However, I sat for half hour pondering before starting a ZDA BASS. The masked area will be yellow with Bass text. The railfreight and BR logos have been blanked out with black paint, and the data panel has also had some black paint ready lettering. 

IMG_20230228_202435.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. Farkham is all packed up, as is all my stock. We're moving house, which was unexpected, but a sensible next step for the family. 

Farkham will have a new home, which will need some work before the layout can be rehomed. 

There are two loft areas above the garage and part of the house, which will be knocked through to make two joining rooms of 24' in length each. One for the scenic section, and one for the fiddle yard. 

IMG_20230317_152357.jpg

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

No roundy round then?

Mike.

I think we can make it work. At least, that is the plan still. 

I recon a double track down one side will give enough space to move around, and will allow trains to work through sections as they approach the scenic part. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The first two scenic boards have now been rewired for DCC, and the tortoise motors are now controlled via the Lenz handheld/LS150.

The third board is now in place and ready for a clean, before rewiring resumes. Some bits have come loose in the house move, but nothing that can't be glued back in place.

20230919_112842.jpg

20230919_112855.jpg

• Like 16

• 4 months later...

Not much modelling done so far this year, but I did get my Cerestar hopper to an almost finished state before Christmas. I still need to make the end ladders, and paint the solebar black and a add few other details. 

This started life as an EFE clay tiger, and two Accurascale PCAs. 

20231221_162144.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4