DB Class 23

sunrunner4kr

The DB and DRG Baureihe 23 are quite different and of course the coaches used in East or West also differed. I have a DB Baureihe 23 which I run with express train coaches:

But fast train or local train coaches (Silberlingen or Mitteleinstiegswagen) might be better.

Regards

Fred

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

One of my first trips abroad was to Nurnberg with Ffestiniog Travel.   It included a railtour hauled by steam, diesel and electric locos. What really surprised me was that the steam loco, a 23, was younger than the diesel and electric locos. I should have it on video (scanned from cine film).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why limit yourself to passenger stock? - looking through 1974 issues of David Thornhill's 'World Steam', I see that even towards the end of steam, Crailsheim 23s still had the odd local freight turn. Of particular note in earlier years was an express freight from Wuerzburg to Heilbronn which took a 23 as pilot - normally the train engine was a class 50 but I'm sure I've seen a photo of double-headed 23s being used. On Thursdays the train conveyed fish in refrigerated wagons giving even more scope for variety.

Bill

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...