Hornby 2021 - Railroad and Railroad Plus

AY Mod

51 minutes ago, RyanN91 said:

It will be interesting to see which body shell of the E2 locomotive that Hornby will use for the actual RailRoad model either the Ex Thomas below or old 1970s/1980s tooling above. (If it still exists) As they've used different toolings in publication photos compared to the actual product in the past.

ZomboDroid 16012021141828.jpg

The Hornby E2 tooling was modified to create Thomas. So there's no more tooling in Hornby's bank to produce an E2. The SE&CR loco is a complete fictional loco that is based on Thomas but with a smokebox door rather than a face. 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

The Hornby E2 tooling was modified to create Thomas. So there's no more tooling in Hornby's bank to produce an E2. The SE&CR loco is a complete fictional loco that is based on Thomas but with a smokebox door rather than a face. 

Yes I remember now that the old E2 tooling last used in 1982 was modified for Thomas 1985-2013, 2015-2016. 

• Like 1

• AY Mod unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Ighten said:

Do the 47s and 37s have a completely different mechanism/motor etc to the more expensive versions in the catalogue? Just wondered how the chassis would be for slow running

When you say "more expensive version" which ones do you mean? Hornby dont have any 47s or 37s in their full main range>

1 minute ago, JohnR said:

When you say "more expensive version" which ones do you mean? Hornby dont have any 47s or 37s in their full main range>

Doh - my mistake - I was skimming through and mistook the class 56 - oops