Hornby 2021 - Train sets and licensed products

AY Mod

7 hours ago, Monkey28 said:

Why no train sets for the more adult market? 

All the 2021 sets seem to be more for the younger market and a bit cheap and plasticky looking 

Surely a larger steam or diesel loco with coaches would be more appealing than an 040 with some branding on 

Maybe because the adults would find them too big to fit in their display cabinets.    I keep reading Hornby 2021, as in a Wolverhampton built GWR 0-6-0 tank loco....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I kind of wondered if Hornby could do an adult summer set along the same lines as the Coca Cola set with gin and tonic or pimms and lemonade tank wagons then a box van to carry the chopped fruit for the cocktails?

Don’t forget you heard it here first!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Markwj said:

I kind of wondered if Hornby could do an adult summer set along the same lines as the Coca Cola set with gin and tonic or pimms and lemonade tank wagons then a box van to carry the chopped fruit for the cocktails?

Don’t forget you heard it here first!

Thinking about it they could include a scaledale pub and a taxi from the Oxford vehicles range to take us home after (or a coach in the set I guess)!

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Philou said:

Unfortunately, I expect people would jump on the wagon with dark mutterings that Hornby were encouraging people to drink ..................

Very true although I don’t need encouragement!

• Funny 3

Note: The Cola themed set descriptions stress that they are for Adult Collectors ...

Resplendent in a Coke® Red livery, this officially licensed train set for the adult collector offers an almost timeless iconic interpretation of the Coca-Cola® brand, representing the logistics involved in bringing Coke®, by rail, from the factory to the doorstep.

This is obviously to avoid the advertising to children connexion with an “unhealthy “ product...

:o

7139D211-C010-442F-A1C5-AC6AE0DCF706.jpeg.f88730463a8c6812cfe09647aaaa623b.jpeg

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/the-coca-cola-christmas-train-set.html

28C76241-920F-457F-A811-FA67E13D54D3.jpeg.9940a9501bf73d22540e1ca77c9891cd.jpeg

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Added photos...
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Talltim said:

I was wondering if Valley Drifter was also a King Crimson reference but it appears not. 
Are the names in the iTraveller set of any relevance?

edit: it seems that they are named after the members of the band Starset

Dustin Bates

Ron DeChant

Brock Richards

Adam Gilbert

Siobhàn Cronin
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starset

Note the star logo on the tank wagon...it’s the same as the star logo on the video...

Also the name on the loco uses the same typeface, with the triangle for an A, as in the video title...

No mention of being an adult set though on this one. ;)

4B89ED21-C7E2-445D-9197-07FA95FC27B5.jpeg.31769848fc12487d3ad6c949df9e2b8d.jpeg

• Like 1

• AY Mod unpinned this topic