Hornby 2021 - Diesel and Electric range

AY Mod

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Nice to see some blue 56s at last, shame there is no blue 31s which must be an open goal.

Roy

Roy, I’m going mad if I’ve imagined it, but wasn’t a blue 31 released last year, if not the year before? I believe it was a skinhead.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Foden said:

Roy, I’m going mad if I’ve imagined it, but wasn’t a blue 31 released last year, if not the year before? I believe it was a skinhead.

Yes, but that is part of the point. We have had lots of weathered 31s with headcode boxes, but no unweathered version. The skinhead 31s were not that common, we just need some banger blue headcode 31s.

Oh, and a newly tooled 31/4 would be nice ;)

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Technically, the two BR blue 56s should have different cab fronts.  Have they as the graphics certainly suggest it ?

A 56047 would be nice

I think they will as the Romanian and Donny/Crewe built locos have been produced by Hornby in the range before. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Was watching the signal box announcement on utube which seemed to skip over the d&e stuff which was a shame as there is some really nice stuff in here! Both class 87’s for me I think and I may get the key worker 66!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

LL and blue 56s, back of the net. They do listen - I was amongst those asking SK for these.

60s - shame no older liveries bit I think they know what sells - the loadhaul and sector 60s have hung around for ages on eBay .

cheapo 66s in a myriad of liveries - great for the youngsters !

am surprised at lack of 31s entirely .Odd, but we have had skinhead 31102 and a new Dutch one is almost here so maybe a rest .

• Like 1

I am pleased with the 60s! I need to do a bit of research as to if the two GBRF ones are still functional, 60026 I think had a fire not so long ago. But will be great pulling my AS biomass wagons (and I still haven't given up hope of more Drax ones given all 95 and 26 do is pull them or IIAs it seems)

Disappointed there wasn't a TPE 802 but there's always next year (and there's enough to go at this year anyway).

@AY Mod there isn't a pic of the GWR 800 "Trainbow" pack up there, I presume there should be given its in the video?

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 2

I hope the black cab doors on 87006 isn't going to be a re-run of the white battery boxes saga....

87009's livery might be a bit more mainstream but it's still a bit of a rarety that pidgeon holes it into a short time frame, with or without TDM cables. A full height yellow front would have been representative of alot more of the class. 

As for the different eras for them when they would have been seen at the same time though....

Edited by 298
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Covkid said:

Technically, the two BR blue 56s should have different cab fronts.  Have they as the graphics certainly suggest it ?

A 56047 would be nice

Yes, on the picture it looks like they’ve used the early Doncaster cab for both releases but technically 56086 should have the later style Doncaster cab without the upper buffer beam cowling. The other detail differences would require an end on view to confirm.

As Roy mentioned, neither release is supposed to be a Romanian example (01-30) so this is irrelevant. Although I would very much like A Romanian to do 56001 Whatley!

Guy

Edited by lyneux
  • Agree 1

like 87006 its got my money for sure but the nameplate looks slightly on the low on the bodyside. 

hopefully somebody will check its positioned correctly before the run starts.......

agree about the black doors looking at images online.

Edited by ThaneofFife

• RMweb Gold

highs..

Nice they have done some blue 56’s.

Thumbs up on the GBRF class 60.

Big thumbs up on the 153 ! and the 87.

neutral

class 66’s I think are over done at this point, 66623 definitely seems a niche choice, it wasnt that livery for long, then it became Freightliner Blue and is now G&W.

lows

I am thinking its part of the  business plan to purposely avoid tooling anything made after privatisation. Maybe Hattons should start, we’d have seven R numbers tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, johnsmithuk said:

I like the look of that Hitachi Sentinel.

I know shunters don't make much money, but there always seems a lack of them released.

Wonder if the couplers shown in the image will make it to the model?

• Agree 1