Hornby 2021 - Diesel and Electric range

AY Mod

Executive 87 is excellent. The 56’s would be brilliant if it wasn’t for the liveries had changed by 1985/86. But kudos to Hornby for listening.

I have given up all hope of ever having a blue 31/4. I don’t get what the problem is. They have the tooling. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, 66738 said:

Executive 87 is excellent. The 56’s would be brilliant if it wasn’t for the liveries had changed by 1985/86. But kudos to Hornby for listening.

I have given up all hope of ever having a blue 31/4. I don’t get what the problem is. They have the tooling. 

I am trying to work out when 56047 got large logo, and it seems to be somewhere between Sep 83 and May 85.

As for 56086, that was delivered new in large logo I believe? It was in grey by 1987 and maybe as early as late 86. I just hope that Hornby don't stick the "086" on the cab front as it carried when repainted in large logo around 2009.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo

3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

LL and blue 56s, back of the net. They do listen - I was amongst those asking SK for these.

60s - shame no older liveries bit I think they know what sells - the loadhaul and sector 60s have hung around for ages on eBay .

cheapo 66s in a myriad of liveries - great for the youngsters !

am surprised at lack of 31s entirely .Odd, but we have had skinhead 31102 and a new Dutch one is almost here so maybe a rest .

Is it the livery or their representation of it that would cause sector 60s to hang around? I'm still surprised we've not seen a Railfreight Metals Class 60 yet while we've seen all the other sectors. If they used the colours from the earlier Class 60 sector models they might sell better.

Edited by GordonC
correct typos
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I am trying to work out when 56047 got large logo, and it seems to be somewhere between Sep 83 and May 85.

As for 56086, that was delivered new in large logo I believe? It was in grey by 1987 and maybe as early as late 86.

56047 painted 04.85 at Landore. 56086 new in large logo 11/80, repainted in RF original grey 10/85.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Romanian builds ended at 56030.

Roy

Yes I know that, I was making the point that Hornby have produced models that span all the build sites. There's definitely been 56003, 56049 and 56128 in the range. 

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, GordonC said:

Is it the livery or their representation of it that would cause sector 60s to hang around? I'm still surprised we've not seen a Railfreight Metals Class 60 yet while we've seen all the other sectors. If they used the colours from the earlier Class 60 sector models they might sell better.

Im having my class 60 (construction) repainted (the grey) and re-numbered to a Class 60 Metals Sector with Jerry at Squirrel rail (on RM web).

That Cappagh blue 60 is going to be stunning, out of my modelling era but tempting. One of two 60’s that I have left to tick off for sight on the big railway! 

Agree with others about the lack of blue 31/4. Wouldn’t have minded another Railroad 31 with TTS. Spotrail 153 should sell well. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My 2p’s worth on the 2021 hopes thread was for more blue / LL 56s and we get both!

Decisions, Decisions! But LL has got my vote so 56086 is now on pre-order. It may stay as is or end up as 56124 Blue Circle Cement. 
If I save my pennies (and there’s some still available) I may stretch to 56047 as well (don’t tell SWMBO!! :D ) but as I happen to work at Reading, the little BR Blue Reading Signal Works Shunter No20  just happened to fall into my pre-order basket as well! :unsure: 

20 minutes ago, NXEA! said:

That Cappagh blue 60 is going to be stunning

I like it, could end up with all 3 60s. My concern about that one is stock to run it with. Looks like VTG blue JNAs are the main diet of it, but I aren't sure if the Revolution ones are the right colour (and aren't very available either)

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

As for 56086, that was delivered new in large logo I believe? It was in grey by 1987 and maybe as early as late 86. I just hope that Hornby don't stick the "086" on the cab front as it carried when repainted in large logo around 2009.

Roy

It did carry 086 hand painted on the Cab front in the early 80’s Roy.

6 hours ago, Foden said:

Roy, I’m going mad if I’ve imagined it, but wasn’t a blue 31 released last year, if not the year before? I believe it was a skinhead.

There was a skinhead last year, but to my knowledge Hornby have not done any refurbished BR Blue Class 31s with them all being in early condition and definitely no BR Blue 31/4s.

I’d welcome the latter and would probably buy 4 or 5 if they became available.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see the two GBRf Class 60’s in two different livery versions, shame they never did the same for DCR.  I think any of the three in DCR grey would be a good seller.

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Nice to see the two GBRf Class 60’s in two different livery versions, shame they never did the same for DCR.  I think any of the three in DCR grey would be a good seller.

Yes I think there were probably 5 candidates in my eyes, the 3 they did, DC grey and the DB/Puma grey. 3/5 ain't bad really given they weren't going to do all 5.

• Agree 3

Glad to see more 56’s. I’m sure the side grills should be blue and not black which I think was done on previous examples. There’s a picture on Flickr of 56047 new outside Doncaster works and shows this along with all white handrails.