Hornby 2021 - HST & Mk3 range

AY Mod

1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Let's all cry tears of joy.... After all the "bashing" Hornby received, they're now doing the top headlight on the LSL Blue Pullman

https://uk.Hornby.com/community/blog-and-news/engine-shed/full-tilt

Apparently Hornby doesn't listen to feedback 

Damn and blast Hornby and their listening to feedback. Looks like that saving was only short-term after all :rolleyes:

• Funny 4

2 hours ago, newbryford said:

So why haven't they done this with the NMT? Seems like they only listen to feedback when it suits them.

And the cameras.

Maybe they will listen now?? Grumble some more...it will be done. This is a CLASSIC example of how Hornby can listen to feedback from modellers and someone will still find something to complain about. LOL!!

Edited by MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Maybe they will listen now?? Grumble some more...it will be done. This is a CLASSIC example of how Hornby can listen to feedback from modellers and someone will still find something to complain about. LOL!!

I think they have selective hearing. Pardon?

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

And I think we love to grumble like old hags regardless.

We should give them some credit for listening, but my god did they deserve the bashing for completely ignoring it in the first place!

New grumble... it looks a little large on Hornby's CAD! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, richscylla said:

We should give them some credit for listening, but my god did they deserve the bashing for completely ignoring it in the first place!

This is actually not grumbling. It's constructive feedback. This is what we need, not a moan and groam about anything you can find under the carpet.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, MGR Hooper! said:

This is actually not grumbling. It's constructive feedback. This is what we need, not a moan and groam about anything you can find under the carpet.

It's Sam's Trains that finds things under the carpet.

• Funny 8

1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

They may have listened but its too big. That's a legitimate grumble.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, richscylla said:

Absolutely but feedback works both ways........if they had just said “we are working on it” maybe the bashing would turn into praise more often?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, richscylla said:

Oh for gods sake they just can’t do anything right can they. If they got a shrink ray and used it in a real locomotive someone would complain that it was wrong. No wonder they withdrew from forums like this. 

Edited by Hilux5972
Correction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Absolutely but feedback works both ways........if they had just said “we are working on it” maybe the bashing would turn into praise more often?

Did they not just say that in this month's TES? That's exactly what they did.

The point is, they initially weren't going to do it. The NR NMT HST sets always sold out despite not having the top headlight. I'm sure the LSL Blue Pullman would've still sold out. The hype created due to the lack of the headlight for the LSL Blue Pullman set was far greater than the outcry over the NR NMT HST sets.

And let's be honest here, if Hornby said they were tooling up for the new headlight for the LSL Blue Pullman, you'd have people complain about the lack of it on the NR NMT set. So how exactly does this convert bashing to praise?

You literally have one person bring up the NR NMT set "now" when it has been done multiple times in the "past". The LSL BP set is a future release. Who is to say that the next release of NR NMT sets won't have the top headlight? Rather than acknowledge Hornby's effort here, a past product is brought in and used as a means to bash a company.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Did they not just say that in this month's TES???? That's exactly what they did.

The point is, they initially weren't going to do it. The NR NMT HST sets always sold out despite not having the top headlight. I'm sure the LSL Blue Pullman would've still sold out. The hype created due to the lack of the headlight for the LSL Blue Pullman set was far greater than the outcry over the NR NMT HST sets.

And let's be honest here, if Hornby said they were tooling up for the new headlight for the LSL Blue Pullman, you'd have people complain about the lack of it on the NR NMT set. So how exactly does this convert bashing to praise?

You literally have one person bring up the NR NMT set "now" when it has been done multiple times in the "past". The LSL BP set is a future release. Who is to say that the next release of NR NMT sets won't have the top headlight? Rather than acknowledge Hornby's effort here, a past product is brought in and used as a means to bash a company.

Maybe you could take on the mantel of Hornby’s official outlet on here............you do defend them with fervour all the time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Maybe you could take on the mantel of Hornby’s official outlet on here............you do defend them with fervour all the time.

With all the excessive bashing they get, a lot for no reason. A little bit of praise when they deserve it won't harm anyone. And FWIW, when I do post on here, I try to make them as factual as I can. If I do post something incorrect, I will make amendments to the post and admit it.

PS: Thanks for the advice. But I am more than happy with my current day job on the other side of the globe. 

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2
  • Funny 3

I wonder if they noticed a drop in pre orders, good to see Hornby responding to criticism. It does look a little large and for the price and effort required in making it, it should be adjusted. Another smaller thing I’ll doubt they do, as it would require changing the whole face, I think the bottom lights actually sit lower than other refurbished front end hsts, I didn’t realise it till someone pointed it out though. It’s a step in the right direction for Hornby and refreshing for them to actually implement something before it’s released.

• Agree 1

On 26/03/2021 at 17:34, Hilux5972 said:

Oh for gods sake they just can’t do anything right can they. If they got a shrink ray and used it in a real locomotive someone would complain that it was wrong. No wonder they withdrew from forums like this. 

For £314 for a loco and one "carriage" with lights at one end I'd expect perfection, or the very next best thing!

• Agree 3

On 27/03/2021 at 08:37, Class 158 productions said:

I wonder if they noticed a drop in pre orders, good to see Hornby responding to criticism. 

I thought this.  Here and elsewhere, a number of people cancelled pre-orders when Hornby made their initial announcement that they weren't doing the headlight.   Perhaps this (along with comments about the price premium), made it back to Margate, forcing the rethink.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

For £314 for a loco and one "carriage" with lights at one end I'd expect perfection, or the very next best thing!

Well then I assume at some point you will stop modelling because we will never ever have perfection. Going slightly OT, the recently released trumpeter 1/200 scale Titanic model kit had a long list of flaws, this made its way back to trumpeter, who corrected some but missed many others, and the model is still flying off the shelves at almost twice the price of the HST. Regardless of whether the headlight was included or not, this would have sold out. 

51 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Well then I assume at some point you will stop modelling because we will never ever have perfection. Going slightly OT, the recently released trumpeter 1/200 scale Titanic model kit had a long list of flaws, this made its way back to trumpeter, who corrected some but missed many others, and the model is still flying off the shelves at almost twice the price of the HST. Regardless of whether the headlight was included or not, this would have sold out. 

I agree, there would have been enough people willing to pay £244 for a power car (now we know a dummy car on it's own is RRP £70!) even without obvious/significant prototypical features but I'm happy to leave them to it- more fool them!

In my humble opinion the Midland Pullman is, and remains, a silly extravagance for 99.9999% of model railways as it's based on a train that ran once in 2020 and has yet to turn a wheel in 2021, and even when "normality" returns will be a once yearly event at many locations and unheard of at very many more. A Swallow livery HST however.....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1