Jump to content

Hornby 2021 - P2 new tooling


AY Mod
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Interested in 2003 . I would have placed a pre order somewhere , but this Tier business has really soured it . I’ll wait until they come out . If there’s one around then I might buy , but if I lose out so be it . 

Edited by Legend
Got my engines wrong its 2003 interested in
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm impressed that Hornby have noticed this: "A particular feature of the original locomotives was the way the casing was forced around the cylinders which from photos appears to have resulted in different creases on each unique locomotive." Seem to remember the LNER forum disagreed with me on this... 

 

However, it doesn't currently look like there's enough bulge in this area, though it's hard to see with everything being in grey. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I've a PoW on order.

Let's hope my chosen hobby shop doesn't have it's tier changed!

 

Al.

 

Yep, you'd hope they'd have the tier thing come in from next year so to not screw their (ultimate) customers over.

 

For example some of the things I have on pre order, including 2007, I'd be gutted if I missed out on, and I'd probably have paid the extra to order direct if there had been doubt at the time. I don't think it's right for me to be cancelling pre orders now with shops in case l they don't get them and order direct though.

 

Although technically shouldn't their online shop be tier 3 (not being s physical shop) and therefore be one of the worst places to buy from?

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't pre-ordered one, impressive as the renders look.

 

I'm going to wait to see the finished product and if it means missing out I can wait for future releases.

 

The A2 fiasco has damaged my confidence

  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2021 at 09:10, mckinneyc said:

I haven't pre-ordered one, impressive as the renders look.

 

I'm going to wait to see the finished product and if it means missing out I can wait for future releases.

 

The A2 fiasco has damaged my confidence

I  had two in pre order at Hattons, well we know how that went caused by Hornby trier system..

I think it is going to be a great model, just see the 3d impressions on Hornby magazine youtube, but will not pre order anymore Hornby, we don't know if an shop we preordered from still be in trier 1 over an year time, when the new items are released, this is now all very unshure.

So Hornby, if there is a new release I like to have , I wait till it's there in a shop I can order from, if not bad luck .

Then I'm only shure I will get one, Earl of Marishal is the most importent to have

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question...

 

I pre-ordered Earl Marischal from the Hornby website earlier in the year, as I saw the image on the Hornby website... Now as far as I am concerned, I have ordered a model of 2002 which is in "as-built" form.

Fast forward to last week, and a perusal of the P2 Locomotive Company's website, and it shows CAD renderings of 2002 with the secondary "Elephant's Ears"...

 

Is 2002 going to be produced in purely original form, or has a decision been taken to make it with the later smoke deflectors? Or are both versions being made? I am not a fan of its later look, much preferring its as-built condition, which the photo on the Hornby webpage implies is the way it's being produced.

 

Any further input would be greatly appreciated!

 

Richard Roper.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RickRoper said:

I have a question...

 

I pre-ordered Earl Marischal from the Hornby website earlier in the year, as I saw the image on the Hornby website... Now as far as I am concerned, I have ordered a model of 2002 which is in "as-built" form.

Fast forward to last week, and a perusal of the P2 Locomotive Company's website, and it shows CAD renderings of 2002 with the secondary "Elephant's Ears"...

 

Is 2002 going to be produced in purely original form, or has a decision been taken to make it with the later smoke deflectors? Or are both versions being made? I am not a fan of its later look, much preferring its as-built condition, which the photo on the Hornby webpage implies is the way it's being produced.

 

Any further input would be greatly appreciated!

 

Richard Roper.

 

Like you I had 2002 ordered when announced as I prefer the original design and intended to replace my existing 2001 model which I'd bought as the 'enhanced' version only to be told now that despite the premium paid for this 'better version' it was only ever a railroad model. I believe that 2002 is only being produced in it's double deflector form as that is what the very first CADS of the front end showed soon after the announcement. I have cancelled my 2002 order and am trying to work out if renumbering 2007 as 2001 will work but I think there are too many subtle changes to the design for it to really be viable. Perhaps a 'full-fat' 2001 will follow next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Karl said:

 

Like you I had 2002 ordered when announced as I prefer the original design and intended to replace my existing 2001 model which I'd bought as the 'enhanced' version only to be told now that despite the premium paid for this 'better version' it was only ever a railroad model. I believe that 2002 is only being produced in it's double deflector form as that is what the very first CADS of the front end showed soon after the announcement. I have cancelled my 2002 order and am trying to work out if renumbering 2007 as 2001 will work but I think there are too many subtle changes to the design for it to really be viable. Perhaps a 'full-fat' 2001 will follow next year.

 

*Oh dear*, if this is the case, I am not happy, as I took it that it'd appear as in the photograph. I have ordered 2007 as well, but wanted the Walschaerts Loco in original guise. That's £200+ committed, unless I cancel my order.

 

Richard.

Edited by RickRoper
Message editor doesn't like expletives!
Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Pull the extra deflectors off. 

Not as simple as that, unfortunately. The original deflectors were cut back when the extra pair were added

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JamieR4489 said:

Not as simple as that, unfortunately. The original deflectors were cut back when the extra pair were added

And the footplate is curved right above the cylinders on that model! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/06/2021 at 09:16, JamieR4489 said:

Not as simple as that, unfortunately. The original deflectors were cut back when the extra pair were added

Oh right yeah that makes it a bit more difficult. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
12 hours ago, atom3624 said:

A fine-looking beast indeed.

 

Pity she (the Class) was flawed.

 

Al.

Even though there was the crank axle issue, they should never have been treated to what Thompson did to them! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Even though there was the crank axle issue, they should never have been treated to what Thompson did to them! 

Okay, I'ma need you to stop right there cause if these were built on any other railwat the moment any of their flaws were seen they'd of been cut up at one of the respective works immediately during WW2, they got a new chance of life under Thompson.

Edited by 9402 Fredrick
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 9402 Fredrick said:

Okay, I'ma need you to stop right there cause if these were built on any other railwat the moment any of their flaws were seen they'd of been cut up at one of the respective works immediately during WW2, they got a new chance of life under Thompson.

Each to their own, but I think scrapping would have been a mercy rather than the mess Thompson made of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...