O Gauge Electric Locomotive Kits

ClikC

Afternoon all,

Scale seven has always had a certain appeal to me, and with a number of interesting RTR items on the way, it's temping to set foot into the larger scale. But, does anyone know if anyone is making O Gauge electric locomotive kits (Class 76, 81-87, etc.)? If I search the murky depths of my memory, I seem to recall JLTRL may have done a Class 87? Not sure. A google search has revealed nothing of note, and a quick forum search has likewise been fruitless.

As always, any input gratefully received.

Regards

Matt

Edited by ClikC

MM1 Models  https://mm1models.co.uk/

now carry much of the former JLTRT range.  I had a quick look but no Cl 76.

RTR and kits in 0 gauge default to Fine Scale (ie gauged to 4' 6").  If you want ScaleSeven, you will need to source finer wheels and track.  That is more bother than I'm prepared to deal with.

Good luck.

John

Edited by brossard

I seem to remember that years ago MSL models did kits for both a 76 and a 77 in "O" gauge, to complement their 4mm offerings.

The 7mm kits IIRC were taken over by JLTRT. The 4mm kits ceased when the proprietor stopped the business, but they do still appear on ebay.

I have some of the 4mm kits, including a special for "Tommy". They are etched nickel silver, I think, and quite detailed, also quite hard work as the material is really too thin and extreme care needs to be taken to keep everything aligned properly whilst soldering. I assume the 7mm kits were also in etched metal.

Whether the current proprietor of the JLTRT range could rustle up a kit or two I don't know, perhaps worth an ask?

John.