Scale rivets etc, where from?

JeffP

I'm going to need some more pretty soon but my cheap source on eBay has dried up

A well known source in the UK has them, but at 20p EACH plus postage, it starts to become a dear do.

They can be had from the US again at reasonable prices but 25 dollars post and packing, which I think is a bit steep for what will be a tiny package.

So.... Anyone know of any more reasonable sources?

And yes, I've tried wire, Archer rivets etc, but don't get on with them.

I just had a small package from California and the postage was something like  £2.99

It might be worth your while emailing the supplier in USA  to see if they can give you a better deal on p&p .

I did this once a couple of years ago and they brought it down to a much more acceptable level.

Rob

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I use resin nuts, bolts and rivets from Masterclub. I buy them from Historex in Dover. If you go on there website and look up Masterclub nuts and bolts, all the sizes are listed. They are a very reasonable price and Historex do a very good mail order. I use them all the time on my S7 scratch built wagons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, but it was the BNA Modelworld site I couldn't navigate.

How do these resin rivets cope with heat?

Or would it be a case of solder everything that needs soldering, then do the rivets?

3 minutes ago, JeffP said:

Or would it be a case of solder everything that needs soldering, then do the rivets?

Just search rivet, there's several pages of all manner of actual rivets, rivets that look like bolt heads, embossing tools etc....

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I have only used resin rivets on plastic models but I would imagine it would be preferable to do all the soldering on metal models first before adding anything resin.

I do have some metal rivets for brass loco's but I also file brass lace pins when I need different sizes. 

Mike

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JeffP said:

Yep. If you’re using rivet decals, apply them last before you get to first paint stage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, ICH said:

I have been on the Historex Agents site and I cannot see anything re Masterclub rivets or bolts. Am I missing something

Archer rivets are there - go to Brands - Archer - then as there are loads of products listed - do a control+F search for rivets